shape
carat
color
clarity

How soon is too soon to upgrade/change your setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ilovebling

Rough_Rock
Hi All,
I just got married in November 04. since I''ve moved and had to leave my job I''ve had a lot of time to peruse this site! :) Anyways, I''ve fallen in love with a particular type of setting. Would it be too soon to change my setting? I''m thinking of getting a pave set instead. I want to keep my e-ring stone so that would work out but my current wedding band is a 5-stone truffle setting. Perhaps I could make those into earrings or something?
Anyways, how soon is too soon to change? Should I wait at least til our 3 year anniversary??

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
I don't think there's a timeframe to follow. As long as you can afford it, hubby doesn't mind changing so soon and you love the setting...go for it!
30.gif
The other diamonds you can use for earrings, another ring (I think a Right Hand ring would be nice) or a necklace.

Let us know what you decide and make sure you post photos!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Since you''ve only worn the e-ring and wedding band together for 3 months, I would wait. But of course it''s up to you and your husband. If you can easily afford it, then go for it!

How does your husband feel about it?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
around here it''s pretty hard to judge anyone for what they do or don''t do to their rings or diamonds!! we''re all pretty much addicts..
9.gif

however i tend to agree that if you have only had the setting for a few months, maybe you need longer with it for it to really grow on you? but maybe not, sometimes settings just don''t work out or speak to you the way others do. luckily a setting is actually easily switchable..but one suggestion is to go to a store and try on some settings like the one you like with a stone similar to your center stone size, see if you like how it looks, how it feels etc. to change from a 5 stone truffle to a solitaire with pave is a huge difference, you may feel as though the one solitaire looks small compared to a 5 stone on the finger etc. can you keep the solitaire and truffle set and just add pave to your ring or have a custom ring done that matches or fits well with the truffle wedding band?

if you can also get maybe a fake cz off ebay or something in that same size as your e-ring stone (important, dont get bigger or you will soon want a STONE upgrade!), and wear that around a bit and see if you like it long term...

good luck!

mingagreen

Shiny_Rock
Well we just had uor 3 year anniversary and I am having my ring reset! I actually have wanted to do it for over a year however I knew DH would not be happy! I finally asked him this past summer and he didn''t understand at first but once I started with the whole "well I am going to wear this everyday for the rest of my life, I want it to be exactly what I want" he understood and gave me the ok. I think 3 months is a bit soon, but if you have that thought already you are not likely to stop thinking about it, esp. hanging out here!!!! I want a bigger diamond now! Good luck w/ what ever you choose, love pave''!!!!
Lisa

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Re: the setting you LOVE......Is it something you''ve seen online, or semething you''ve seen and
tried on in person......sometimes things look different online than in person....you might feel differently about it - on way or the other after trying it on......

ilovebling

Rough_Rock
I haven''t worn the style but I''ve seen it in person (on someone''s hand) and love it. Also have seen tons of pictures online. I know I have to wear it to know if I really want it but I don''t want to try it on yet in case I fall in love with it and can''t get it for awhile; that would be heartbreaking! My husband thinks I should definitely wait...he''s the one that suggested the 3-year anniversary.
About my current wedding band, I really think if I change the e-ring, I''ll want to change both because what bothers me about my current set is that it''s really not a set. I just liked the solitaire look and didn''t really think about what wedding band would go with it, so I even though I had it custom-made for the e-ring, I still feel like it doesn''t look like "a set."
OH well, I''ll guess I''ll see how I feel about it in a few months!

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
How soon is too soon? One hour.
rotflmao.gif

Seriously though, if you really dislike your current setting then you should consider changing it. Sometimes 3 months is enough to know you dislike it. If you truly dislike it, 3 years will be a long time to have to live with it. I guess my first consideration would be if you can afford it, then go ahead. If you husband balks, just ask him if he had a (insert his favorite thing) and really disliked it, would he want to have to see it all day long every day for 3 years before being able to fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results