shape
carat
color
clarity

How soon do u get insurance for your Diamond purchase?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jewelgal

Shiny_Rock
What happens when you just purchase a stone that costs a small fortune? I was thinking, [after I buy the stone]
how nervous i will be carrying it around all over NYC,to and from the appraiser and then a long trip home...
Because it''s Not insured at that point.

How soon after do you get insurance for the diamond/ring
and from who/where?? Costs???
wavey.gif
confused.gif
wavey.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
if im you, i get the insurance before i even walk out of the jeweler with the stone.

jewelgal

Shiny_Rock
Hi Reena!!!! That's great....
you can do that without showing the stone to the insurance company?? how?? which company specializes in this???

reena

Ideal_Rock
i got my insurance through chubb. called up, explained that i was about to buy the stone and needed insurance, told them how much the stone was and some other info, and boom. they signed me up and sent me a confirmation of coverage by fax. when the stone is set ill have to give them an updated value and im also going to send them some other info (the cert, the appraisal), but i don't think you really even need that stuff, and def not right away. also they dont require an appraisal for items under $50k.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results