shape
carat
color
clarity

How much would you pay for this baby ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dishingout

Rough_Rock
I''m trying to get a feel on the price of this diamond, I know I don''t have the Pavilian Angle and the crown hight, but I have all the specs of the GIA report.

Its a round diamond,
Size : 2.03 Carat
Color : H
Clarity : VS2
Table : 55
Depth : 61.3
Flour : NONE
Polish : VG
Symetry : VG
Gridle : Midium to Thick (I know I know)

The diamond has a GIA Cert and laser inscription as well.
Is 13K a good price for this puppy ?

thanks in advance

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well since you seem to know what I was going to say already
9.gif
I won't say it.

What I will say is that yes $13k is a great price for that stone, provided that YES it is well cut.

Sounds like you saw it in person? Did you love it? If so, the numbers that you did post are good...so the chances of it performing well are on the level. It wouldn't be an 'ideal' stone because of the VG VG and also the girdle...but sounds like you already know that. With that girdle and depending on the angles...the stone may be carrying a tad bit of the weight in the girdle and pavilion...so the stone may look slightly smaller than a 2.03c well cut stone. But with this great price..that may not be an issue.

Would suggest an independent appraisal after purchase or with purchase contingent upon results so that you do confirm what you are buying and are assured that everything is A-ok.

Good luck!!

dishingout

Rough_Rock
Thanks for comfort level. Very excellent guessing on your part.

To answer your comments , Yes I saw it in person, I almost loved (Until I saw an Ex, Ex stone, but it was out of my price reach anyway) Still it had a very good fire to it.

I know about the gridle
sad.gif
but if the gridle was any better, I don't think I would've got that price. I know I had to give up something for that price.

Wish me luck, now I just have to wait for the settings ....

While I'm at it
1.gif
1.gif

Plat setting or white gold ?
4 prongs or 6 prongs ?
Whats a good price for a simple Tiffany setting ?
2.gif

thanks a million

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would do platinum 4 prong...but it's really a preference thing.

Simple platinum 4 prong Tiff style setting, maybe $300-500 depending on who and where you are buying from.

2.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
As Mara says, it sounds like a great price for that stone if it isn't too steep and/or deep. The way to tell is to look at the crown and pavillion angles and the diameter measurements. If you get those, and post them here you'll get lots of opinions.
1.gif
. You soudl also plug them into the HCA Cut advisor link on the home page.

As far as your other questions, they are mostly personal preferences. I like 6 prongs since it makes the stone looks more round. Others like 4 since it doesn't cover as much of the bottom of the stone.
eek.gif
White gold doesn't scratch as much as platinum but the coating wears off over time and has to be reapplied. White gold is less expensive than platinum.
wink2.gif

I don't know enough about the pricing of the tiffany settings to be helpful, but you can do a search on all of these items and see previous posts and opinions since these are pretty common questions.

Congratulations! It sounds as if you have found a great stone!
appl.gif

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
I think the 4 prong looks nicer, but I hear that 6 prong is more secure. I guess it depends on whether your future fiancee is a klutz or not
1.gif
My husbands knows that I am a huge klutz, so he went with the more secure 6 prong for my ring.

If your future fiance is more graceful than yours truly, I think the four prong is a more attractive setting.

dishingout

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the input. This forum has a great wealth of information. Almost all the Diamond people I spoke with were very surprised with my knowledge. Everything I learned was from this forum and other tutorials online. I love it when I correct some of them and then they ask, are you in the business ? and I say NO, just a consumer
10.gif

As far as the angel of the pav. and the other unknowns, I will look for an appraisor that has a Sarin machine that can do the appraisor and the sarin report at the same time to verify everything.

Anyone know any shops in NY ?

For the setting, I think I will go with a 4 Prong Plat.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results