shape
carat
color
clarity

How much difference will .25 make in a diamond???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Headerlyn

Rough_Rock
Hi all!
I was just wondering if .25 (like a 1.05 carat vs 1.30 carat) would make more of a difference in a radiant or an asscher??? Would it even be a noticeable difference to the public eye in either cut of diamond? I am sure this question is dependent on cut, polish, symmetry, but I am really not sure. Thanks!

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
You should start here at this thread as it pretty much covers the same question as what you''re wondering...

Good luck!

carrot

Rough_Rock
Size difference between stones will start to become noticable when one stone is about 20% larger than another. A 1.30 ct. stone is roughly 24% larger than a 1.05 ct. stone and will probably appear larger. The apparent size of a diamond will also be affected by the depth percentage and whether or not the stone has edge to edge brilliance or not. But the short answer is that the 1.30 ct. diamond will look bigger.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
.25ct in a 1ct class would be noticable.
Not so much so in a 3ct class diamond.

Headerlyn

Rough_Rock
Thank you all who responded to my post!!! I went back and read the thread and it was helpful. Thanks again!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results