shape
carat
color
clarity

How many wedding sets do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sapphirepod

Rough_Rock
Is it possible to be happy with just one? :) My original wedding set was yellow gold, solitaire ring, got an anniversary upgrade in platinum, also solitaire. I also have a fake set for travel. They all have their own matching band. Now I''m all obsessed about three stone rings and would love to have a set with a three stone ring. They don''t have to be big and expensive, just different with well cut diamonds. Someday I won''t mind getting a bezel set diamond ring either. :D

I can''t be the only weirdo who have/want a few different wedding sets, right? My mom who''s not into jewelry at all has two wedding set, one in yellow gold and one in platinum to match outfits. Tell me about your wedding sets!

Sam82

Shiny_Rock
I don''t have any wedding sets. But I do plan to buy a couple of different bands. Ideally, I would have 3 bands: a plain gold one, one that features diamonds, and one that has both diamonds and rubies.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Just the one.
41.gif

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, I have had mutiple sets over the years, but right now, I only use my solitare and for the most part I use my 5 stone band, but I have a plain band and a small shared prong band that I will wear once in awhile, gotta love options
2.gif

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2 sets, and another option, you might say. I recently changed my original ering from a yg tiffany-syle soitaire to a wg split shank solitaire (20th anni.) I had a matching solid wg ring made to match, and have a half eternity band on order. When I want a change, I wear the yg anni band, (that I wore with the original solitaire,) with a three stone yg ring I recieved for our 15 anni. Once in a blue moon, I will wear my grandmother''s platinum e-ring, but I usually make that a RHR. My original wring is also yg, but it no longer fits. To be honest, I never loved it, but got it to match the ring my husband liked best. I''ll keep it in it''s original size, for sentimental reasons.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I have only one wedding band. I wear it with different rings, none of which is my engagement ring (I don't have an engagement ring), but any of which might look like an engagement ring: my grandmother's 1929 engagement ring, a ring set with my other grandmother's engagement diamond, and an antique art deco setting with an Infinity diamond in it. Plus various colored gemstone rings.

I also have both grandmothers' wedding bands, which I sometimes wear on my right hand with their corresponding engagement rings.

But the one ring I always wear on my left ring finger is my wedding band. It's a plain platinum band. I wear it all the time except when showering, exercising, or working with my hands (e.g., housework).

amyjokerette

Shiny_Rock
I have two sets.

On the right is my original e-ring reset with a fake center stone. I use that for traveling, or rough outdoor activities. On the left is my new upgraded e-ring, with slightly larger side diamonds, and a real diamond in the center of course.

sidebyside2_amyjokerette8.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have an original wedding set in yellow gold (this is very sentimental to my DH) that I don't wear, then now I just have a solitaire, as my eternity band is getting a makeover to make a wide band (for the more active days) I'll be getting a couple of wedding bands with gemstones and diamonds in it in a few months, and hope this is the only wedding ring set that I'll wear. But it would be nice to have a platinum or white gold set to as I also wear white gold jewelry. But as for as a "wedding band, and e-ring set" two, both in yellow gold, and a couple of wedding bands that I wear on those other active days where i don't want to wear an ering.

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
One.
The one I got originally will always be my wedding set. I always, always, ALWAYS wear my original wedding ring, which he put on my finger in the church and said ''with this ring I thee wed'', which has the engraving in it and which matches his--even now that it doesn''t fit, I have got a snuggy to keep it on. The only time I don''t wear this is when its a situation where I might lose it (the beach, for example) and I put on a fakey so that I still look married.
I wear it 90% of the time with my original e-ring also (which could be sized and I should do it), because they look nice together and I like to look at that ring and remember the time when we got engaged. However, I will switch off my engagement ring occasionally with my anniversary ring which is also a solitaire and wear my engagement ring on my right hand (where it actually fits better, though its still a little big). Very occasionally, I wear a garnet ring that my husband gave me soon after marriage with my wedding ring, when I want to look more low-key (the garnet isn''t sparkly). So I do do a little variety. However, I never think of those other rings as being part of my ''wedding set'' and it''s jsut me, but I''m very traditional and couldn''t imagine having two ''wedding rings''--then they wouldn''t seem like wedding rings at all, but trivial, like accessories, not symbols.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My wedding ring is a perpetual fixture on my right hand (I''m Russian), and my e-ring lives on my left in the company of my anniversary band. Of course, I have another anniversary coming up in a month and change, so ...
41.gif

I think I''ll always wear my originals, but since the set is split from hand to hand, that gives me options for both. I like the anniversary band tradition, and look forward to eventually having a fun stack to switch in and out and about.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I have two wedding bands - and was married with both of them - a plain 22k yellow gold antique band from 1908, and my channel set band that matches my e-ring.

I wear the plain band when I''m in places that bling would not be appropriate - it was also really nice to have when I was pregnant as it''s a size bigger than my other one and so it fitted when my others no longer did.

I wouldn''t get a new set - it''s important to me that I wear the ones I was actually married with. Hence why I took the precaution of having more than one at the wedding!
27.gif

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Just one - :) I tend to be a one set kind of gal :)

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I have one real set right now, but I''m not opposed to getting others!

I do have a fakey CZ for travel, but I don''t have a fake band to wear with it. The CZ ring is actually pretty nice though - 2 ct Asscher cut in a tapered baguette setting.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Right now, only one. But I''m working on my second.

I also have a bunch of fake CZ options.

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Like 500. Oh you mean personally
2.gif

My fiance Valerie has the real set which she wears every day... A not real "fakey" which she wears when we travel outside the U.S. so that she can hand it over freely without added emotional distress in the event that we get jacked outside a restaurant or something... A plain wedding band which she wears when she doesn''t want to wear the set (oh yea, she wears both the engagement ring and wedding band even though we''re not married yet because she likes the way it looks)... And the other day, she was talking about re-designing the set (again) because Lieve with Infinity Diamonds Antwerp was wearing a ring with stunning black diamond melee in it and she thought that looked really cool (it did) but I opted for "why not just make a new ring just for fun?" which seemed to save the wedding set for yet one more day!

You think you''ve got challenges? Try living in a world where new designs pass through the office every day!
2.gif

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2009 3:36:10 PM
Author: Todd Gray
Like 500. Oh you mean personally
2.gif

My fiance Valerie has the real set which she wears every day... A not real ''fakey'' which she wears when we travel outside the U.S. so that she can hand it over freely without added emotional distress in the event that we get jacked outside a restaurant or something... A plain wedding band which she wears when she doesn''t want to wear the set (oh yea, she wears both the engagement ring and wedding band even though we''re not married yet because she likes the way it looks)... And the other day, she was talking about re-designing the set (again) because Lieve with Infinity Diamonds Antwerp was wearing a ring with stunning black diamond melee in it and she thought that looked really cool (it did) but I opted for ''why not just make a new ring just for fun?'' which seemed to save the wedding set for yet one more day!

You think you''ve got challenges? Try living in a world where new designs pass through the office every day!
2.gif

... That would be a problem that I''d like to have ;-)

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I only ever wear my engagement ring on my left hand. I sometimes swap between my plain wedding band and one of my diamond eternity bands.

I do find that I wear a "set" on my right hand quite often when I wear one of my other diamond rings.
3.gif

Camille

Shiny_Rock
Several [over the years] to play but, we both wear our matching wedding bands daily.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results