shape
carat
color
clarity

How many of you never take off your jewelry?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Charmed

Shiny_Rock
I thought this would be a fun late night thread. I just received a beautiful yellow and white gold bracelet. It has a big spring clasp and is a pain to take off. Is it okay to leave on a bracelet while sleeping and showering or is it not recommended.

What other jewelery do you wear ALL of the time? I know my husband never takes off his gold necklace, EVER!!!!

I am also afraid to leave on my diamond pendant. Is it safe to keep that on all of the time too?

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
I take off all my jewelery every night. It's really uncomfortable for me to sleep with any sort of jewelery on. I also often take off my rings when I get home. I never wear my wedding ring/e-ring when I cook, bake, wash dishes, or do hard core cleaning (like scrubbing the shower).

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
I only wear my diamond earrings 24/7 because I dont have to think about them. Other jewelry, especially my e-ring/ other rings, I take off & put them back into the box when I come home. I used to leave my diamond necklace on all the time too but have since taken it off because I dont like things around my neck anymore.
5.gif

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I used to take off all my jewelry when at home, but now that my ering fits so tightly over my knuckle, I have gotten used to wearing it all of the time. I bought several packs of clear light plastic gloves at Sally Beauty Supply (on sale 4.95 for 100), and I slip a pair on for anything that may either scuff up or get my ring dirty. They work great, and I now just take it off every two weeks or so to throw in the sonic cleaner for an extended shake.
10.gif

sluke

Shiny_Rock
I wear my e-ring 99% of the time. The only time I take it off is when I need to clean it or if I'm putting lotion on my hand. I tend to misplace things alot, and would hate to lose my ring!

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
I wear my jewelry just about non-stop, except I take off my rings, necklace, bracelet, etc. before getting into the shower, because i dont want it to fall down the drain. Another reason I take it off in the shower is because I find soap (if you use a bar soap) can get caught in the crevices of the jewelry, in which afterwards I usually have to leave it under running hot water until it disolves - kind of a pain.

But I do sleep with it on, put on lotion with my rings on and wash my hands with my rings on, etc - however I do not have any big diamonds in my jewelry (also most of my jewelry is not that expensive in general) so I don't have to worry about as much like most others may - though they do definitely need to get cleaned a lot.
Hope this helps. Enjoy the bracelet!
1.gif

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
I, too, have a beautiful white and yellow gold bracelet that my fiancé gave me over five years ago. I have been wearing it every day, 24 hours a day, for over five years. I've had to have clasp repaired twice (different problems), but it was worth it to me to wear it every day.

I guess you do risk losing it, though, because it will see more wear. But I think that if you check your clasp and links regularly (which I don't do, actually), you will never have a problem. If you love it, then wear it!

On the other hand, I take off my engagement ring for any activity that could chip the diamond. I have actually been wondering for quite a while now just how common diamond chipping is. A lot of times that someone posts their heirloom stone, it's chipped. It leads me to believe that over time, chipping might be quite common.

Daniela

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I take mine off every night and when I am doing anything that would put it at risk. I don't like sleeping in jewelery, and I was once told by a reputable jeweler to keep my rings out of the kitchen. This was after he had to remake my setting since I had banged it around so much. According to him, the kitchen has too many hard surfaces that can stratch, chip and generally mess up rings and bracelets -- depending on the style. I also take it off for lotions and soaps -- I like it to sparkle, and those are super dulling!

diamondnovice

Shiny_Rock
Like Tomatoe, I only wear my earrings 24/7. (Diamond studs match with EVERYTHING from jeans to formal wear!!!
9.gif
) Everything else either comes off either when I go to sleep or when I get home from work. It depends on what I am doing around the house.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I take off all my jewelry every night. It bothers me to sleep with stuff on and I am afraid of scratching myself or snagging things on bedding while I turn or move in my sleep. I keep daily stuff in a small glass box (with 3 inch metal legs, it's very cool) on the nightstand, and have a small Tiffany sterling silver heart shaped lined velvet box for my diamond rings and my earrings.
1.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
As soon as I get home, off come the rings, shoes and bra.
1.gif

I don't sleep in any of it...it would drive me crazy.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 3/7/2004 4:02:05 PM Patty wrote:

As soon as I get home, off come the rings, shoes and bra.
1.gif

----------------

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
ROFL, Patty!!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

I wear my jewelry 24/7, except for cleanings and grunge work. Earrings and my ring. They are just part of me!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results