shape
carat
color
clarity

How high of a setting is too high? How high is yours?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2005 5:42:56 PM
Author: crankydave
Rule of thumb...

If you have to squat to get through a doorway..

Or...

If you have to have the sunroof open to ride in the car...

Your stone might be set a bit too high
9.gif

Dave
LOL, Dave!
9.gif

I''m thinking I may be the squatty bodie here. My diamond is 4.26mm deep. There''s a hole in the shank under the bezel and the cutlet is down in a hole. The cutlet isn''t sticking out thru the hole. So I guess I have a mm clearance??!!
1.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe mine is the medium. Weird. The band is what really raises it. Its plunked right on top of a thick band, so that''s a big part of it. I forgot to post one again s I will when I get home.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Well, Ame, this picture shows the 6 prong in a low head, so maybe my guy was wrong on that.

And pq, I''d think a bezel setting is about the lowest out there.

Good one, Dave!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
That picture shows the one piece cast ring. Mine is just the peg and a wedding band. But the medium of that photo looks closest to mine. I was told by the guy at the Rock HIll place thisweekend that going any higher than what Ihave is a bad idea. He said he fixes so many engagement rings because people take their prongs for granted. He said that any higher than mine gives the prongs too much moveability. I think I was more impressed with his honesty than anything. Told me to not bother and that Ill be unhappy if I do it.

Here is a photo of mine:

setting1close.jpg

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Ame, I think your height looks perfect. Like you said, you have 2 or 3 mms already from your band, so you don''t need any more height on the head. It looks great!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
But I wanna see the culet without having to turn it all over.
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results