shape
carat
color
clarity

How do I tell the difference: TIC or BIC

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
How do I tell the Difference if it''s my stone is a TIC or BIC?

I never knew what an FIC looked like till I just read a thread about the bursts of color and the fire in it.. and now I recall I saw a stone like that in the Tiffany&CO. store... COMPLETELY fell in love with it. Then when I went back another day.. I couldn''t find a single ring like that.. they we all very white and sparkly... none like that day... it look like it had so much more faucets .. and color.. and for some reason very 3-demensional...

Are FIC''s hard to find?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
!????
Do you mean BIC and FIC? TIC could be both... and it all depends on those crown and pavilion angles, as shown on the chart Here I think the complete version of that chart (with the BIC and FIC angle ranges) in on Garry's website. There is no reason why FIC or BIC would be more or less rare: it is much rarer to find any list of diamonds with those angles available to start with.

EDITED: Here are the angle ranges...

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
Thanks!!

I'll go check out the links you posted..

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Leota..your stone is a TIC which means it has a balance of good fire and good white brilliance.

A BIC would be a stone like mine which is a shallow crown angle (under 33 or similar) with a shallow depth (mine is 57%) and alot of times a larger table (mine is 61.4%). It returns more white light than fire.

A FIC would be a stone that has a small table (e.g. 54%) and a larger depth many times (e.g. 62%)...which sometimes may be a fine line between leakage and a great FIC, because if the crown angle is more steep (e.g. 35+) and the other numbers add up, this would be a great combo, lending itself to more flashes of fire than white light.

However, a stone with ideal cut proportions like yours (Rhino is very discriminating!), would be a TIC, meaning that the numbers are all in the very ideal range for it to have the best combination of both white light and fire.

Also various lightings bring out different things in the stone. So if you saw something at Tiffany that was very fiery, doesn't mean it was a FIC. Chances are it was a regular TIC but with the lighting you were viewing it under, it flashed more fire.

My stone flashes whiter in some lighting, and more fiery in others. All stones will exhibit this as well.

2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results