shape
carat
color
clarity

How do I start the ring "design" process?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I have the design I want, now how do I get started?

Do I contact vendors such as Whiteflash and send them pictures, get quotes?
Right now my bf is talking to a "guy" his friend used in NY (we''re in Chicago) and I''m a little nervous because I want bf to get the best bang for his buck and I''m not quite sure what this guy can deliver..
23.gif
little scared by him.
So, I wanted to show bf all the great resources online and hopefully we can go from there!

Any pointers on how to start would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!
36.gif
36.gif

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi There - Yes, you can just call Whiteflash and explain to them what you want. Mention that you have pictures and then you can forward via e-mail. They should be able to get you a quote in a day or so!! It''s really amazing, and I think they can get it to you much quicker than you would expect.

Just curious, what does your ring look like? I have been hemming and hawing for weeks on here and still have yet to find the perfect ring for me . . . .

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much for the help Loves Vintage. I just don't know where to begin.
I emailed Perlman's (they have the ring I want on their site) and got a respone right away so that was a great start!
I have looked at so many rings out there and just LOVE the Michael B 3sided pave. I just think getting a replica made would be much better cost savings wise! That is an option correct?
I would stop the pave 3/4 of the way down. I don't neccessarily need the eternity. The center stone would be a princess. This is the ring I constantly come back to when browsing. I tried on something VERY similar at loved it. Just need to find out if it's in the bf's budget!
31.gif
27.gif

So I figured I'd start the research process!

Thanks again for your help. Below is a pic of the ring. I know I've seen it several times here on PS.

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s pic. Sorry, I''m bad with posting pics! I need a tutorial!

lovepave.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH I love that ring. Good luck on your research and be sure to keep us informed.

Linda

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
I will! Thanks Linda. I''m excited but scared too!
2.gif

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely, lovely ring. I''ve noticed that same ring on Pearlman''s! I would do the same thing with stopping the paves, so they don''t go completely around the band. Some people say they get in the way, or can get dirty too quickly. I suppose it all depends on your lifestyle. I am a super big pave fan too. So many fabulous rings, so hard to choose just one!

As far as the replication, you''d have to check with the company you are going to work with, but I don''t think they can always do an exact replica, but it sounds like you already have some modifications in mind, so hopefully it won''t be a problem.

I''ve talked to Whiteflash on the phone and via e-mail. They are super-helpful and have answered all of my questions. Good Luck!!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks LoveVintage. Whiteflash is my next move....
Do you have any pics of Pave designs you are eyeing? I''d love to see them!
30.gif
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results