shape
carat
color
clarity

How do I get diamonds for a channel-cut wedding band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

almost_married

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone.

First, let me thank all of you who helped me out last Spring when I finally found a great diamond and proposed!

Now, I''m back.

I want to have a channel-cut wedding band made to match the cathedral engagement ring my fiance has. However, how should I get the princess cut diamonds for this band? Should I go independently through brokers like how I found my engagement diamond? It seems it would be really hard to get diamonds of all the same dimension and quality this way.

Alternatively, do I break down and go to the brick and mortar store to let them worry about finding the diamonds?

What would you suggest? Thanks!!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I am going through this almost exactly...my friend (whom I have been brought in as the resident diamond nut) has a 1.06ct D VVS1 Princess stone, and wanted to find princess stones to match in an eternity band. We have been looking around the diamond district and have found a great designer who can make those princess stones in a shared prong eternity ring at abouta little under 2cts as the smallest (1.7-1.9cts or so). They are stunning!!! he uses only the best cuts and colors, as they are E-Fs and run about under $2K. That is a lot, but they stones are stunning and not dull, like others we have seen...

Have you seen a princess in shared prong? I like it because it's more diamond, less metal, and they TRULY sparkle like mad...I wish I could find a picture, but I can't seem to find any online!!!

almost_married

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your thoughts--I do know what a shared prong ring looks like, however I don't think it would match the cathedral, square look of the anniversary ring. I have a 1.5CT radiant cut, slightly rectangular diamond, as the engagement ring.

I'm just wondering if it's too hard to track down the exact consistent sizes and cuts of the princess diamonds for the channel cut wedding band...

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Actually, my ston-to-be is a radiant as well, but a squarer radiant. I think it would match even better with a shared prong! Actually, the cathedral may require a custome fit maybe? Can you post pictures?

If you like the channel set, then I say go for it, but it is better IMO to get a good jeweler you trust to make it from scratch to match the e-ring if you are that worried...Maybe someone on this forum can help? Good luck and post pictures again, I can never find them in Show Me the Ring! But I'll search!
9.gif

Griffin

Shiny_Rock
I would imagine any one of the diamond vendors recommended on Pricescope would probably have them, or could easily source them for you.
I buy melee stones from some of the same places the online vendors do, so I know it is readily available to them.
You would probably just have to call them up to find out, as this is the sort of thing that wouldn't show up on thier websites, but I am sure most would be quite happy to supply you with melee.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results