shape
carat
color
clarity

How did I do?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Okay guys. I found a stone. Yes, I''ve already bought it, so if you hate it, be kind.
2.gif
Renee at Whiteflash is helping me. (she''s so great!) JohnQ thank you for sending me to her. (def. you are GI Joe)
9.gif

Anyhow, here is a link to the stone. Please tell me how you think I did. (Thanks to all the experts here) I didn''t ask for help because I have absorbed so much from you regs like Alj and Mara etc. BTW, Brian said it is eyeclean and a beautiful stone.

link

Shay

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Oh, and I''m going with the new prong set halo from Whiteflash. I know I was going to take my time, but you can''t let an eyeclean F SI1 get away when it''s the size you want and an ACA to boot.

Shay

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
You have the actual heart images?
Im sure a few people would love to see em.

Kicken diamond.
The setting sounds kewl too.

congrates

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
it looks great shay (really!) you are going to love it.

stretch4

Ideal_Rock

It''s wonderful Shay!! Congratulations!

And I can''t wait to see the finished ring!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Shay -- It looks like a beautiful stone! Well done.....

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2005 9:37:51 AM
Author: strmrdr
You have the actual heart images?
Im sure a few people would love to see em.

Kicken diamond.
The setting sounds kewl too.

congrates
Storm, I don''t. I will see if I can get them. I had to sneak this in quick because my DH is playing Battlefield2.
9.gif
Maybe this afternoon.

Shay

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh wow. Congrats. I love that new setting from WF. can''t wait to see pics
36.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
How could I hate that? It looks lovely to me! How will you be setting your new shiney object?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the cut! Can''t wait to see it in the halo.

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Shay...you just took care of business!!! Good for you!

Is that the new halo from Whiteflash that you''re putting it in? Post a pic so we know for sure!! Or did you already, and I''m just blind?

1.gif

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
It looks like a winner!
36.gif

I am anxious to see what their new halo setting looks like too.
11.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I thought I would post a pic of the setting so that you guys can see a good one of the halo with prongs. link I love it!!!

Storm, the pics of the hearts and arrows will be e-mailed to me probably by tomorrow. I will post them as soon as I get them.

Thank you guys for your comments on the stone I chose. I absolutely think it''s going to be a winner. I can''t wait to see it in person.

Shay

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Both the stone and setting are fabulous! I''m sure you''re going to be thrilled!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Shay, that stone is just awesome and ya know I just love that setting!!! Good for you, can''t wait for the pics!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
LOOOOVE the stone and LOVE the setting!!!!! Well-done!! It''s going to be GORGEOUS!!
36.gif
36.gif
/images/site/g_lostF.jpg

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Blue, thank you for posting that for me and your kind words.

Belle, noobie, stretch, lop, f&i, mrssalvo,mat, tacori, tawn, jb, fountain, lisa, and strm, I have been so stressed about this whole situation and a health thing that inadvertently caused the whole thing that I just feel so relieved that you guys like my choices. I have been here long enough to have been influenced in my choices by many of you. Thanks for weighing in.

Shay

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Now that''s a very good stone! I love it! Sweet size and quality spot - the spread is very good as well at 5.90mm!
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am sooo excited for you, it''s going to be gorgeous!!!!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Shay, your ring is going to be marvelous!!! Congratulations.

I have one question, does anyone else think that the diamond is raised really high above the halo in these WF photos. is that done on purpose to allow more light/sparkles? the ring from the top looks very pretty, but i would like it better if from a side angle the diamond was more flush with the halo? is that making sense?

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
It looks like you have found an incredible diamond and a gorgeous setting for it! It does appear in the Whiteflash photo that the diamond sits up a bit above the halo, but that isn''t a problem is it?

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Giangi. I am so excited! Lovelylulu, yes, the stone does sit above the halo. I do not think it is too high. I think that these are very blown up closeups if you will. I, of course, will be able to show you better when my actual ring comes in. Renee has been trying them on. (lucky girl) She said that the way that they are set, the prong throws the emphasis on the main stone, and it looks monstrous. That is never a bad thing, is it?
2.gif
Sundial, I don''t think it will be a problem at all. Thank you for brining that up. I like to discuss all the pros and cons too. I don''t think that this will be a con at all.

Shay

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Shay - Thank you, you're a delight to work with. I'm excited to hear your reactions.

Date: 9/14/2005 9:24:20 AM
Author:Shay37

Okay guys. I found a stone. Yes, I've already bought it, so if you hate it, be kind.
2.gif
Renee at Whiteflash is helping me. (she's so great!) JohnQ thank you for sending me to her. (def. you are GI Joe)
9.gif

Shay
Go Joe! Hehe. I got a couple of questions about that... No secret code: Shay was kind enough to call me a doll (aww) and I told her - "Just so long as I get to be GI Joe and not Barbie..."
2.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Shay, what a beautiful stone and a beautiful setting!

I can''t wait to see it!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Ame, it''s in the works. It''s probably going to be around a week and a half. Patty, thank you so much. I am very excited for the finished product.

Okay guys now I need some help. I have the e-mail of the hearts pic, and I have no idea how to post them from there. If someone would be so kind as to give me a helping hand, I would be forever grateful. I am just clueless about this. Must learn more stuff.
34.gif

Shay

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Ame, thank you in advance. I really appreciate it.

Now, for the funny story. I asked for the hearts photos so that people could see them. I never even thought to ask for them because it is an A Cut Above. I get them today, and I''m like, "Yup, those are the hearts." duh. They look just like the hearts that are Brian''s published standard. Well, it is an ACA, so they''re supposed to.

Now I feel bad for wasting their time. They were really sweet and didn''t even call me the PITA I obviously am.
20.gif
All I can say is that if I am fortunate enough to get another ACA in the future (think earrings), I certainly won''t be worrying about the hearts photos.
9.gif
Brian sure can cut them puppies.

Shay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results