shape
carat
color
clarity

HOT Pink Diamond

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
http://www.jckonline.com/2014/09/29/rare-pink-diamond-ring-snatched-from-auction-house

Did you guys see this story?

My suggestion is - if you are going to have an auction for a $500,000 diamond ring... setting it on the counter without supervision is probably not the way to go.

I do know that anyone popping up on eBay to sell a rare pink diamond ring for (saaay) $250K will get a visit from the authorities. Especially if they describe the diamond as “HOT Pink.”

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ouch. What a horrible picture! I go expecting to see a hot pink and see a photo of something, that at least on my screen, looks like a "sort of purple" diamond ring.

Loosing that ring may well cost someone their job for being so careless. I agree with you, laying that ring on the counter was really NOT a good procedure!

Wink

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Haha it is sort of a different design, I was expecting something different too. Not so funny about the theft. It has also happened to me that I was left unattended with high value items at a viewing but still wonder how it happened. Hmm, they say it will be hard to move but what if the thief wants to keep the ring? I am sure that there are also ways for them to take the stones out and make a new design and the police will not just walk to the people and ask to see laser inscriptions. Ok, once it or they if they make several pieces are sold yes perhaps but there is a market that may not care about such things. I could be wrong but I am not absolutely sure that they will catch the thieves.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's a hideous ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results