shape
carat
color
clarity

Honest Opinions Please!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't worry about it. Buy insurance.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks very nice!

Stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Should not be a problem but if you are worried give GOG a call. All stone can chip if you knock at it hard enough and the right angle, position, even without feather but insurance will cover that.

stci

Ideal_Rock
JulieN said:
I wouldn't worry about it. Buy insurance.

It's strange.... don't worry but buy insurance! :bigsmile:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
a very nice looking SI1. :love:

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
I would talk to GOG about it, but I noticed the diamond includes their Lifetme Guarantee and not all stones do. So, ask them about it, they are very up front with their customers.

vanilla87

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your help and opinions! I think its a beautiful stone and at a reasonable price too. I live in Australia so i will have to email GOG to ask them some questions. Its definately the best SI1 i've seen in a long time :love:

mrfish

Rough_Rock
Hi Vanilla, seeing that you are also from Australia, can I please ask you if GOG can ship to Aus? and in terms of declared value for customs what can they do about that?

I was hoping to be able to PM you but didn't seem to find such function in the forum.

I am looking to buy an engagement ring for my gf :)

MrFish

vanilla87

Shiny_Rock
Hi MrFish :) fellow Aussie!! Where abouts in Australia are you??

They can post to Australia with Federal Express. To be honest i am unsure about import taxes and customs declarations etc. I have emailed them to find out today so hopefully i get a response overnight. Ill let you know how i go :)

I know James Allen have a calculator on the bottom of their website which calculates the exchange rate, taxes etc. so i am assuming it would be around the same.

For example if you type US$3180 into the calculator its comes up with the following:

Sub Total: 3,515 AUD
Duty: 457 AUD
Shipping: 122 AUD
Total: 4,094 AUD

So it looks like $4094 AUD would take into account duty taxes and shipping????

mrfish

Rough_Rock
Thanks Vanilla!
Good to talk to an Aussie here, I am from Sydney.

I just finished reading through the 5 page thread that stone-cold posted, VERY useful indeed - def learned a lot there.

I was just wondering, now that the Aussie dollar is pretty high against USD, is it definitely worth the trouble + GST + fees to get it from the states?

I have looked at local prices from diamondexchange, their prices seem pretty comparable to US prices or maybe I am mistaken?

Have a good weekend.

MrFish

vanilla87

Shiny_Rock
Hi Mr Fish :)

i too have looked on diamond exchange. The only thing i dont like about their webpage is the lack of information about the diamonds. You cannot view certs or Aset images, you cannot even view a real picture of the diamond. The diamonds which are compareable in price have in house certificates by MGR (whatever that is?), not GIA or AGS certificates. The Diamonds which do have GIA, AGS certs are more expensive than in the US, which makes me question how they grade their diamonds and whether what i am buying is good value for money.

What are you looking for Mr Fish?? ir. size colour clarity cut etc??

Vanilla

mrfish

Rough_Rock
Sorry for the late reply Vanilla, been hectic at work...

Yeah, I just had another look at diam exch and you are right about them.

I have just started this self-education jouney, but currently look at a RB stone around 1.2-1.3, limited by budget, something around a VS1, G-F.... so, yeah, a lot to learn, but eager to pick something nice for my girl :)

mrfish

Rough_Rock
My budget was just north of 10K US, then I read about the GST bit shipping back to AUS :( so, not quite sure what to do at this stage, maybe spend a bit more... because I don't really want go smaller than 1.2

Stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
mrfish said:
My budget was just north of 10K US, then I read about the GST bit shipping back to AUS :( so, not quite sure what to do at this stage, maybe spend a bit more... because I don't really want go smaller than 1.2

Then drop the clarity grade, VS2 is relatively safe, only a very small number a not eye-clean, SI1 a large number are eye-clean. Go with a trusted vendor who has the stone in-house and can check for you to your eye-clean specification. https://www.pricescope.com/journal/what_eye_clean_diamond

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results