shape
carat
color
clarity

honest advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rosy

Shiny_Rock
Hi,
Would appreciate some honest advice. I currently have 1.85 round solitaire engagement ring & plain wedding band to match. I am considering a 2 carat Princess on a solitaire setting for my right hand ring. Any thoughts on wearing two solitaires? They will be around the same size visually, just the shape will be the main difference. Do you think it''ll look strange to have one solitaire on each hand?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
To me yea it would.
But im a guy and the last person to take fashion advice from.
Have you considered adding some colored stones as side stones in a 3 stone configeration?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are two owners of such pairs of rings around here. The rings are not simple solitaires: one pair is a princess solitaire and a halo bezel for the round; the other pair a filigree setting by Art of Platinum for the round and a solitaire with small accent sides for the princess.

I can see no serious reason not to do exactly what you like
5.gif

It would be nice to make the princess into an intrictae ring, but what's the use of that if you don't like it ? And... anything seems to go for e-rings as well. The stone would definitely be large enough to blurr the line with e-rings
1.gif

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/12/2005 3:42:46 AM
Author:rosy
Hi,
Any thoughts on wearing two solitaires? They will be around the same size visually, just the shape will be the main difference. Do you think it'll look strange to have one solitaire on each hand?
Not at all, but be prepared to be teased at work. I have worn 3.01 Pear e-ring and 1.47 Marquise RHR (also with 24 - .10ct Princess cuts) and have been called "double headlights" at work. So now I only wear both when I play concerts, or when I go out to a fancy party with websailor.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
i think two solitaires is sort of odd...............my sister wears her ER which is a round flanked buy sapphire pears and a pave band--then on ger right hand a 2 carat old euopean bezel set in platinum that was a fmily heirloom--it looks old for one and the other with the sapphires and intricate band makes for a nice contrast.....................at least one of the rings needs something else going on

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Personally, I can see your love of different shapes, as well as your love for solitaires, and so I completely understand your desire for this and I think there is nothing wrong with it.
But, from the other posts, I can see that some people may be inclined to question you on this, or even be jealous of you. Honestly, I think that everyone should wear whatever makes them happy and it isn''t anyone else''s business nor is it hurting anyone. Life''s too short to not do something for yourself because others have a problem with it. But, you know how human nature is, especially when it comes to luxury items. Hey, my DH has three BMW''s -- that''s his thing. Does it hurt anyone? Of course not. Did he work hard for the money to buy them? Of course he did, and he should be able to spend his hard-earned money on whatever makes him happy. But, I''m sure there are those that think it is unnecessary and obnoxious. But, my DH doesn''t live for what other people think. Then again, men can "get away" with the frivolties a lot easier than women. You will be scrutinized by other women who are so competitive and jealous by nature (yes, four years of sorority life taught me this lesson well!). Some women will never have a diamond on their left hand, let alone another one on the right, so there goes the "daggers"!!! Truly, it is no one else''s business or concern with how you spend your money or what you wear, but we can''t stop them from talking or having their own opinion or feelings on the matter. Have you thought about creating a three-stone pricess ring? This sort of takes on a banded look and will be a totally different type of ring than your solitaire set.
I say go for what your heart desires, but if you are concerned about any fallout, then maybe consider the three-stone princess.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually I don''t think this is too uncommon. I used to run a study with older folks and some of the older ladies would have quite an impressive collection, with more than one solitare. As one lady put it, this one is for my daughter, this one is for my other daughter, and this one is for my daughter in law. Some may raise an eye, but do what you like.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2005 5:53:42 AM
Author: cflutist

Not at all, but be prepared to be teased at work. I have worn 3.01 Pear e-ring and 1.47 Marquise RHR (also with 24 - .10ct Princess cuts) and have been called ''double headlights'' at work. So now I only wear both when I play concerts, or when I go out to a fancy party with websailor.
I love that. . .Double Headlight because at a place i use to work, a woman commented (in an admiring way) that so many ladies there have gorgeous headlights! lol I do think this can be complimentary. . . CF, I thought you said that the woman was a bit rude, but still I think the name is cute
1.gif
She was just jealous. . .
2.gif

Regarding two solitaires. . .wear what you like. Sounds like there''s conflicting opinions and you''ll encounter various views for every piece you wear, so it makes more sense to pick out what you like, not what we like. But, personally, I think it''d look very classy wearing two simple elegant solitaires!
2.gif

bluepetal

Rough_Rock
I too plan on getting another diamond solitaire and a canary. I will just wear them at different times!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results