shape
carat
color
clarity

HIGH basket type setting...help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
OK- here is the "problem" I''m having.... Not sure of the lingo either...I am going to wear a princess stone in a plain setting with my princss cut wedding band. The wedding band is fairly substantial that regular basket/cathedral settings for the center stone are way too low. I really don''t want to spend a lot of money (i''m cheaping out on the setting for now) The vendor had the idea of using a plain peg head shaped like a V so it would be up higher...but I don''t really love that head...I like the little basket with the little horizontal bar... Anyone know of any settings online with a very high basket? OR maybe what I''m looking for is a peg head that looks like a basket type head? I tried on several diff types of settings and they were all too low...I have no idea what I''m talking about!
1.gif
I want white gold, not plat fyi! And I couldn''t care less about a flush fit...Thanks for any help!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you are indeed looking for... a different type of head (base not peg, perhaps)
1.gif
LINK for THIS

Now, why a high set stone? This is purely a theoretical (intently non-malicious) question - I just can't understand what are they good for! Theoretically, these make look small stones stand out, literally (but your stone is not small) and badly cut stones sparkle from light entering the sides (but your stone has an awesome cut) and can be made cheaply en-masse (but you have 'lower' options) and make thin bands sit flush to wedding bands in absence of any design intelligence. But none of these sound good to me, so I am left with the general respect for diversity to accept that those floating heads exist for the general good.

What gives?

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
lol....I'm not quite sure I understand...
1.gif
BUT, 384 was exactly the head I was looking for. They were going to use 20043...don't like it...See, the problem is, is that my princess band is pretty hefty in a shared prong setting and it sits up pretty high. I'd like to wear the e-ring with the band...but the settings I've seen are soooo low that they don't clear the band...they rub up against eachother. I really wanted to spend about 250 on a white gold setting! I like putting the $ towards the stone and also, in a few years (year hehehehe) I'll upgrade again and only get scrap for the setting!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results