shape
carat
color
clarity

Here it is people! ACA H&A 1.015 VS2 J W-Prong WF.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dawei213

Rough_Rock
I''ve finally received it! Went to Philadelphia earlier this afternoon, talked to Ed at Dave Atlas. Very personable guy! Quite nice! Got the appraisal done.

My first initial impression ~ It looks nice but...didn''t have quite the sparkle. Probably because of the lighting as there was only one light source and the surrounding a bit dark. However even with J, it was definitely white face-up (as Lesley and Bob have told me!). Very very please with the color.

My second impression ~ showed it to my co-workers at an after-work Christmas party. In low light with many different light source around, the diamond just sparkled! I was really impressed. However the fun really began when I got home and played around using multiple light, low light, and a camera! All I got to say is WOW!!! The diamond sparkle like crazy! I just have to clean up the diamond a bit more.

I want to thanks everyone on this board for your help. I''ve learned so much from you guys and gals and have a much greater appreciation for diamonds. And thanks to Lesley and Bob for the e-ring!

Okok, enough me jabbering my mouth off...on with the good stuff!
9.gif

125_2557.jpg

dawei213

Rough_Rock
Question to you guys...the ring looks a bit beat up (scratches here and there)...is this normal?

125_2516.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Very Nice ...Congrats on your purchase...
9.gif

Another happy WF customer...

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice.
1.gif
Glad that it all worked out for you.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
David: YAY - congratulations! That is a LOVELY stone. Holy cow, how did you get those screaming firey pictures? I tried with my wimpy little Nikon cool pix, but couldn't get that.

WOW - she will be soooo impressed. Nice work!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow beautiful!! Love those fire pictures!!

Where is the ring scratched?

Toska

Shiny_Rock
It looks like you have a bit of material from the buffing wheel stuck under your prong. Melt it away with a lighter/match.

dawei213

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 12/18/2003 12:33:04 AM Mara wrote:

Wow beautiful!! Love those fire pictures!!

Where is the ring scratched?
----------------

Well, it's all thanks to you folks I was able to find a ring so nice
1.gif

The scratches I'm referring to can be seen in the second picture. Look at the prong to the left and the body of the ring to the right. The prongs look like it has little 'pot holes' while the ring have minute scratches along the side of the ring. Although minute without the 10x, it's still visible without it and makes the ring less radiant than it could be. Kind of takes the luster out of it. Should I be correct to assume most rings will not be 'perfect', like the ones taken by the jewelers/ring maker themselves?

dawei213

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 12/17/2003 11:57:03 PM aljdewey wrote:

David: YAY - congratulations! That is a LOVELY stone. Holy cow, how did you get those screaming firey pictures? I tried with my wimpy little Nikon cool pix, but couldn't get that.

WOW - she will be soooo impressed. Nice work!
----------------

Thank you! The ring was placed on top of a silver top cd. Help it reflect more light. I also too the shot through the 10x loupe. I used a canon S230. It's a great camera for certain shots, however for more up close, without the help of the loupe, I wouldn't have been able to get those shots. No manual focus on the camera. I hope to get better shots to share! Trying to get photos of a perfect shot is hard and addictive.
9.gif

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Dawei,

I have the same kind of tiny little black dot on the bottom of my platinum shank, too. I am interested to hear what the experts say about what it is. Is this kind of thing a pit in the platinum? Anyone? Where's the quality control here, people?

Congratulations on a beautiful rock! I was so blown away by the fire that your managed to capture. WOW!

dawei213

Rough_Rock
Woohoo! After countless tries with many different agents, I finally found a Chubb agent who would insure just the ring! I'm getting it insured for $8500 for $120. Is it a fair price? State Farm quoted me $47 for $5k and $96 for $10k. However I do like the fact that Chubb does offer worldwide coverage, mysterious disappearance, and will let you find the replacement diamond (after cutting you a check) yourself instead of having the insurance company doing so.

Thanks for the compliment! Yeah, I'm planning to call Lesley and ask her about the quality of the ring. I was hoping for better...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Possibly some polishing would help, but I would honestly say don't bother with getting it buffed. Why? Because platinum scratches REALLY easily. After a few months of your girl wearing that ring, the original marks will blend in quite nicely with the other scratches she will have added.
2.gif

This is one of the reasons why I don't have a platinum solitaire. This way all the myriad diamonds around my ring take the brunt of the beating
1.gif
I am hard on my hands and I'd be in for having my solitaire polished every DAY if I had just metal. My coworker has a platinum solitaire, quite pretty, but when you look at it up close, it's trashed. She only gets it buffed every year or so. She just doesn't have the time. All those marks would drive me nutso.
eek.gif

Congrats on the insurance, that sounds about right --depending on where you live. Chubb was a bit more expensive for us too but it was worth it in my book. Can you post on who you called who finally gave you insurance? I know sometimes people have a hard time finding an agent who will not give them the runaround.

magna2

Shiny_Rock
Sweet!!! Congrats!! Regarding scratches, didn't really see the scratches you were refering to but it appears that the reflection of light on the ring is what you were noticing???

As for $120 for the insurance cost, it doesn't appear to astronomical. It is all dependent on where you live, etc.

rodent.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
You can think about "all those scratch marks" 2 ways. They can make you nutso (which is easy to let them do), or they can become the patina of the ring, and will develop a look of their own over time. I think the patina way of thinking is more realistic.

Beautiful ring -- congratulations!

dawei213

Rough_Rock
I'm currently out in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania (temp assignemnt for work until August). However the Chubb agent I called is located in Fort Washington, PA. The reason being is because my gf and I recently purchased a townhome around the area, so I decided to call someone near there since that's where the ring will be. Fort Washington is located 20 miles NW of Philadelphia. When I move back the price might be higher, but i think it's worth the piece of mind. Just gotta hold back on that nice dinner once in a while.

The agent that I spoke to is Charles Lewis of Independent Underwriters Agency Inc, located in Fort Washington, PA 19034. Found his name under the Chubb directory. Very nice guy to speak too. Gave me a call back very quickly. I might get my condo insurance through him through Chubb as well. His number is 215-542-8160.

I didn't know platinum ring would scratch so easily. =/ ...My girlfriend is not the most careful/tidy person but I know she wants platinum. I just hope she'll take good care of it!

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring, Dawei!
love.gif
And many Congrats!
16.gif

I have a plat ring I wear everyday. I'm not a tidy, gentle jewelry wearing sort of person either. It has scratches on the bottom of the shank very similar to what my gold rings used to get. A trip to the jeweler for a buff and polish, or whatever the smith does, and it comes back looking bright and new again.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results