shape
carat
color
clarity

Here is what she wants...can i find it with what i want

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rleejones

Rough_Rock
My sweetheart loves the following in a diamond

Cut - Princess
Clarity - no visible inclusions
Carat - around 1.00 carat, but okay with upgrade later (said she can tell a difference between .75 to 1.00)
Lots of fire and brilliance
(I''ve gathered all of this information over time)

I want the following for her diamond

Total price including setting - Cut - Princess, ideal for most brilliance
Clarity - VS1 ideal, S1 acceptable with no visible inclusions
Color- F or higher
Carat - .85 or higher, but if she will be dissappointed then around the 1.00 carat

I don''t want to dissapoint her but I can''t justify debt of $6000.00 before we are even married.

Please Help

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
I think you can get close to what you want for your buget but the setting won''t be fancy at all. If your gf will be dissapointed with less than one carat you need to talk to her about your budget and what sacrifices she needs to make as well.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Go to the top of the page and do a search for princess cut diamonds. I found one here for about $4150. Not exactly square but not a big deal once the diamond is set. http://www.dirtcheapdiamonds.com/diamond_detail.cfm?did=2696075&ref=PS622 That sounds close to what you are looking for F SI1. It would leave you about $750 for a setting. If you chose gold instead of platinum you could afford to have some small sidestones in the setting too. Happy hunting!

dietvanillacoke

Rough_Rock
it sounds like carat might be important to her- no big deal- that''s what was important to me too. i have a 1.2 now (we were shooting for around a 1 carat) and we worked with a budget exactly like yours. i even have baguette sidestones. the difference is that we dropped down to a J color because it has med. blue flouresence and it looks SO white. people who have seen different color diamonds can''t believe it''s a J, especially in sunlight, because it faces up so white. oh, by the way, it''s a VS2.

i would highly recommend barbara palumbo at union diamond www.uniondiamond.com. they are awesome. she worked with my fiance to get something that worked exactly with his budget, instead of pushing him to spend more for something better.

weemodin

Shiny_Rock
Do a search on pricescope -- I ran a search for F VS2 princesses, and found several under 5k. Here''s an example:

F
VS2
72.8%
67%
GIA

5.78x5.45x3.97
$4368
$4368S

From diamonds.com

Add a 200-300 gold or white gold setting, and you''ll stay under budget.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results