shape
carat
color
clarity

A belated thanks to this forum

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kellicos

Rough_Rock
Hello,
I posted to this forum in 2003 when I was looking for a ring to replace my original wedding set that got lost when I went for a surgery. I finally found what I wanted about a year ago. I was looking for a trillion center stone, and I learned everything I know about diamonds from this forum. It made me a better educated consumer! I looked at probably a dozen stones, but couldn''t find one I liked in my price range, and I wasn''t sure what kind of setting I wanted. Then while on a cruise in Alaska, I found the ring of my dreams, already set in the "designed by Vitali" case at Goodmark jewelers in Skagway. It was too expensive, but luckily the "shopping guy" from the cruise walked in at that moment, and talked to the manager for us. We not only got the ring into our price range ($2500) but since it was meant to be a Past, present, future and had no matching band, the jeweler also offered to include a custom made band in the matching 18K white gold. I had it independently appraised when I got home and it was a good buy. The stone is F color, .78ct, SI2 with med. blue fluor. She gave it a "good for this style" on the cut, and I have to say that many of the other trillion stones I''ve seen before and since do not have it''s brilliance. When I wander jewelry stores it outshines similar stones in the cases, even ones with "better specs." I know it''s got flaws, but I can''t see them without magnification, and I am still in love with this ring. I learned to love diamonds during my search for this ring and as soon as I make a bunch of money I intend to buy more!!! I think for our 20th anniversary I want a pair of trillion earrings to match it :)

Thanks again for helping me learn a little about diamonds! I hope I attached the picture right!

Kelli

myring31524.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful and unique ring! I''m glad you found what you were looking for. Thanks for sharing.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful!!!! PS is the best isn''t it???

kellicos

Rough_Rock
Thanks. PS *is* the best. I love looking at all the great pictures of other people''s sparkly stuff :) This is where I found the link to my appraiser, who in turn guided me to a local jeweler she trusts. I''ve just had the rhodium re-done and the stone checked and tightened. I love how it looks so clean from the jeweler. I''m going to try and take a better picture of it...it''s hard to photograph diamonds! My pictures always come out fuzzy. Anyone have hints on how to do better? I have a Nikon D-70 camera.

Kelli

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
Kelli,

I love it!! Keep those pictures coming!!
30.gif
30.gif

When taking pics, make sure you are using the Macro mode (usually denoted with a flower symbol). Hope that helps!

I''ll be waiting for those pics!!
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
hehe

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is beautiful & unique! I don''t think I''ve seen a trillion ring on PS--I love it! The custom band fits the e-ring perfectly! Nice job!
36.gif

kellicos

Rough_Rock
Ok, I tried the macro setting and a few other lighting options, so here''s a couple more. I love that you guys like looking at these :)

ring31521.jpg

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!!! What a gorgeous ring set! It''s perfect for a tril center, but I don''t have to tell you that.
2.gif

Thanks for the new pics too!

widget

Ideal_Rock
23.gif
What a neat ring! It's just beautiful!
30.gif

Thanks for posting it. We don't see a lot of Trill center stones around here...and yours is just fabulous...

widget

Patty

Ideal_Rock
It''s a beautiful ring and you got some great pictures of it!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

WOW
30.gif
...very cool! Thanks for sharing.

cheers--Sharon

coconut

Shiny_Rock
Wow very fashionable!!
thanks for the post... truly a unique design!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results