shape
carat
color
clarity

Trillionaire is Engaged!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I was going to come up with a clever title, but I decided to just play it straight!

My fiance asked me to marry him at my family reunion on Saturday, and I couldn't be happier! Everything happened so quickly, I still haven't really had time to process!

Okay, so here's how it all happened.

My family reunion was Friday through Sunday in Durham, and SO was supposed to attend, but on Thursday, he comes down with a cold. I keep encouraging him not to come down, because he has been working long and crazy hours and probably needs the rest, but he insisted. He arrived Friday night/Saturday morning at THREE in the morning!!! This was strange enough as is, but especially so because my family was leaving for the beach on Sunday morning, so really, he made a 4 hour drive to visit for 24hrs? I had convinced myself at this point that he was going to surprise me and tell me that he was going to come to the beach with us on Sunday and Monday, so I figured that was the reason for him coming at such an odd time. The next morning, we were leaving for a trip to a family historical site, so I let him sleep in and he met us at the hotel for our lunch BBQ. We all just hang out as a family and socialize, and as the afternoon wears on, we go to our rooms and watch TV and nap. The banquet was at 7pm, and I was the mistress of ceremony, so I was not sitting with my family, but at the head table. SO sweetly came up to me and held my hand and lamented the fact that we couldn't sit together. It was cute, and totally random.

After the banquet was the dance party, and everyone was on the floor dancing. I was sitting because I had been up and in heels for a few hours. SO comes over to me and asks me to dance, and I say that I don't want to, because my feet hurt. He keeps insisting, and I remind him that I hate Go-Go music and that I didn't want to dance to it. He insists further and I relent, and as we head to the dance floor, I am telling him 'I hope you remember this next time I ask you to dance and you don't want to..." lol, and we walk out to the floor as they are playing 'Doin the Butt'. As soon as we get to the middle of the floor, the DJ abruptly stops the music and my family starts complaining, lol! The DJ says, 'no, don't worry, this is going to be good!', then puts on "Because I Love You' by Lenny Williams. At this point I am still oblivious, and thinking to myself, well, I like this song better and I would rather slow dance, so great! SO takes my hand, and I think we are about to slow dance, but he walks us to the DJ booth and takes the mic!

I immediately put things together, and basically stood there in stunned silence as he talked about how this was our second family reunion that he attended, and that we had been dating for over 5.5 years, etc... The rest was a blur. Then he was on his knee, and when he asked me to marry him, I said 'of course!' My family was all around me taking pictures, clapping, videotaping, it was crazy! My mom came up to us crying and hugged us, dad kissed us both and congratulated us. It was such a thoughtful and beautiful proposal, and I was so happy to share it with my family. We called his family and talked to his parents and shared the big news, and everyone was excited. My immediate family and I with new FI headed to the lounge for a bottle of bubbly and some toasts! My parents are thrilled and my mom already started declaring wedding plans.
20.gif

I wish I had responded more enthusiastically, but I was really caught totally off-guard and basically was just standing there like an idiot. He, however, was perfect, and I am so happy! We were finally alone together, we just embraced and held each other, and I started to cry. ( actually crying right now just thinking about everything!) I loved and would not change my very public/family proposal, but it really did reinforce for me that eloping and having privacy at my wedding is really very important to me. I want to be vulnerable and emotionally available to my future hubby, and not part of some public ceremony.

My ring is a Trillion ring, and it is BEAUTIFUL! The center stone is 1ct, and it has a split band and side diamonds... that's all I know at this point. I'm on vacay now with other people's PC's, so I have to see when I can get pictures up... at any rate, just had to share!

It's so funny what everyone says... I was really at my wits end with my LIW-itis, and just when you think it is NEVER EVER going to happen, BAM! My lament now is that we are STILL in a long distance relationship, so less than 24hrs after being engaged, SO left to head back home. I went with my family to the beach, and cried for probably the first hour of the trip. All of our friends are so excited for us, which is really nice, and we have gotten so many compliments about us as a couple. It's really humbling and flattering, and great to have the support of everyone around us!

So now, what I have been waiting for....

Listkeeper, TAKE ME OFF THE LIST!!!!

I'm getting married guys!
9.gif
30.gif
16.gif

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Woot! Woot! Congratulations!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Yay!!! Congratulations!!!

Incredibly sweet and meaningful proposal!!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
YAY TRILL!!!!!!! I''m so excited for you, honey!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
6.gif

So now, what I have been waiting for....
Listkeeper, TAKE ME OFF THE LIST!!!!

Reminds me of Busdriver - Move that Bus! and then you get all the pomp and circumstance of everything you ever wanted
36.gif

I''m so very happy for you and wish you all the best. Now get to living together!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Wonderful news! I have been awaiting this thread for a long time! So pleased for you trill. I can''t wait to see pictures of your ring! Congrats.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay Trilll!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Congratulations!!!

Now back to read the story!
2.gif
3.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fabulous News!!!! Many congrats Trillionaire
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif
What a sweet proposal and wooo hoooo for a Trillion e-ring!!!!

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Trill that''s AMAZING!! I''m sooo excited for you!!!

Your FI did such a great job...Your story brought a little tear to my eye
1.gif
I can''t wait to see this ring!

Congrats my dear!! WoooHooo!!
36.gif
9.gif

ringless

Shiny_Rock
OMG!!! So excited and happy for you!!! Congratulations, very cute proposal and can''t wait to see the ring!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! I can''t wait to see the ring, either, I hardly ever see trillion cuts as center stones here! I''m excited!!!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
What a GREAT story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats, trillionaire!!!!!!! Let''s see those pics!
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
YAY! amazing news! great proposal! enjoy every second of this exciting time!!!

thatsthegirl212

Rough_Rock
Oh my gosh I''m so happy for you!!! That is so romantic and so absolutely sweet! I love that he included your family, he''s a keeper! I can''t wait to see pictures of your ring. It sounds gorgeous! Congrats!!!!!!!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
YAAAAAAAY, Congrats, Trill! I must admit, yours is one of the proposals I was most looking forward to from our list. I''m so happy for you
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
O YAY.....CONGRATS. IM SO HAPPY I CAN REMOVE YOU!
36.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! That''s great news, Trill!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Totally sucks that you were back to being apart so soon after, though. As a former LDR chick, I can only imagine how that feels after getting ENGAGED.
39.gif

But just think, soon you will see him all the time and want to kick him out of the house instead!
11.gif
3.gif

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!! Can''t wait to see pics of the ring!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
CONGRATS TRILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(And just so you know, a PSer messaged me early this morning with this message: "Trillionaire is engaged"--so that's what I woke up to on my blackberry.)

I am SO happy for you girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I have been waiting for this post FOREVER!!!!!

And now I'm thinking of lines...."Well we had a public proposal, so we want a private ceremony..."

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results