shape
carat
color
clarity

help: would a 3 carat round be the same in size as 3 carat cushion? or are cushions smaller

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

liaali78

Rough_Rock
i am thinking of upgrading my rb to a cushion , but not sure if they will be the same size.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/16/2010 4:52:48 AM
Author:liaali78
i am thinking of upgrading my rb to a cushion , but not sure if they will be the same size.
Hi liaali

What you need to look for are the diameters of each stone in MM, carat weight does not necessarily relate to size and fancy shapes can have more variance between face up size or spread than well cut rounds. The best thing to do is to take note of the diameters of any cushions you like compared to your round to see how much larger the cushion will look. If you use a vendor who can do videos and photographs, they might be able to find a round of similar size to yours and photograph it compared to the cushion you have in mind, it would give you some idea of how much visible size you would gain.

liaali78

Rough_Rock
thanks for all the advice. i will look into that for sure..so it really depends on each stone.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/16/2010 5:18:23 AM
Author: liaali78
thanks for all the advice. i will look into that for sure..so it really depends on each stone.
You are welcome and yes it does depend on each particular stone as to how large or small they face up.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
agreeing with Lorelei and that you need to compare mm, but also highlighting that typically cushions face up smaller than well-cut round brilliants.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results