shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with this diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Brandonmerdalo

Rough_Rock
Help . . .
eek.gif

I need some advice from the experts. I requested an ascher cut diamond, but this is the picture they sent. They're calling it an emerald square cut. Are they the same thing? Please help me out with this one. Thanks

1.25ct square emerald cut diamond ring,
two tone gold
band,
IF
"H"

ascher1.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The seller is definitely right to call a non-branded stone "square emerald cut" not "Asscher". By about the same logic, the same stone that is a "princess cut" diamond in any store, would be called "square modified brilliant" on a lab report - same rose by any other name
2.gif

Since there is the "Royal Asscher" the brand, the shop is keeping good practice, I would think.

I like the picture, but is it supposed to compensate for any other piece of information ? While the stone looks nice enough, the picture cannot say allot about proportions and brilliance - not even as much as a GIA cert. Besides, to believe (and pay for ) the IF clarity most would ask for a GIA cert. IS there one ?

And one more thing: since the stone will be sold set in a ring, do you have recourse if the object you receive does not really look like you expected? This would mean some return policy giving enough time for having a professional check the ring
rolleyes.gif

Just a thought, of course.

Brandonmerdalo

Rough_Rock
Hello Valeria . . .

Thank you so much for your reply. I appreciate your comments. I'll have thirty days after purchase to decide if it's what I want, so I am definitely going to have it checked out by a jeweler. It is a GIA certified diamond, but I haven't seen the cert yet. A copy of that should be coming today or tomorrow via email. I'll post that info when I see it. I felt kinda silly asking for opinions about the diamond without that info.

The setting is a two-tone white and yellow gold monstrosity that I am going to change if I decide to purchase it, that way I can check out the diamond outside the setting as well.

Any other thoughts please?!?
21.gif

Brandonmerdalo

Rough_Rock
I really wasn't planning on yellow gold . . . Will it make a difference? I like 18k white or platinum. I haven't decided on the setting except to know I don't like the one it's in.

Also I have some additional info on the diamond

IF
H Color
Depth 68.3
Table 62%

6.06 x 5.96 x 4.07

Polish - Good
Symmetry VG

Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results