shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with split shank design!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jayrenay9

Brilliant_Rock
I have been so undecided on how to mount my 1.74RB. I had pretty much made up my mind to stick with the solitaire look with a 7stone signed pieces wedding band. This solitaire with this wedding ring.

I am now having second thoughts. My original plan was to get a cushion stone with a split shank halo ring. I ended up getting a RB, and I reset my original pear shape in a halo. That leaves a split shank. So, I'm considering having a split shank custom made. I'll post some pictures of styles I like. Please give your opinions on how you think it would look and which idea you like better.

Some things I am trying to accomplish or to keep in mind;

1. I WANT to have a wedding band. After 12 years of marriage and never having a wedding band, it is a must for me! I'm not particular about matching or flush fit.

2. I want the stone to look as big as possible. For some reason it just doesn't look that big to me in the solitaire it's in now. I'm wondering if having some diamonds on the side would give the illusion of it being larger rather than seeing all the metal I see now.

3. My husband has said that I can upgrade again in 5 years. So, if I order the SP band now, it won't work with a split shank later, should I still want that in 5 years. And should I spend the custom price if I'm only going to wear it for 5 years. Although the solitaire and band are going to add up too.

Thanks,

Jayrenay

Ok, here is a picture of SKR's setting for the oval he just bought his wife. How do you think it would look for a RB?

oval_splitshank.jpg

jayrenay9

Brilliant_Rock
I also really like this ring from WF. Although I prefer how delicate the previous one looks. I like the basket though.

divisi_wf.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
two exact settings - the one with the larger stone will appear more delicate.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results