shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with mailing a diamond!

Candygrl

Brilliant_Rock
I am consigning my 1.8 RB with GOG in order to get an AVC. What is the absolute safest way to mail it?

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
I double-boxed mine, taped it up with the brown reinforced filament paper per USPS regulations, and sent it Registered Mail, insured. GOG gave me an address to ship to. Alternatively, you can probably pay GOG for a FedEx Overnight label, insured because GOG *can* get insurance for that, and send it to them that way.

Candygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you very much for your help! I hate when the post office asks you what's in the box, grrrrr.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just say it's a gift. Don't say it's jewelry or gems. Though they should only be asking if it contains prohibited things.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Exactly...it is none of their business what is in the package. They can only ask if there is anything hazardous, liquid, perishable, etc. If I am sending an expensive item Registered Mail, I even write down the amount of the insurance and show the clerk rather than blurt out such a high amount with other people standing in line!

But do ask if you can pay for the shipping label and use Good Old Gold's account. That is much faster as Registered can take from around 4 days to over 2 weeks and there are no tracking updates until the package is delivered.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I always say it's "materials for accessories" if it's a loose stone. or if it is a finished piece I say "accessory" . It's accurate but vague.

As for best way to send. best way is to have GOG send you a label and directions, and for you to follow this. you will have to pay them back for the shipping (they will either bill you or deduct it from your stone's value).

that's what i'd ask them to do, personally.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results