shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with choosing an appropriate size diamond for her pendant?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Conflagration

Rough_Rock
I would like to get my future wife a round solitaire pendant/necklace in platinum or white gold. She does not have that piece of jewelry yet and I know she would love it.

First, what length? I'm thinking 18" but unsure. I dont think it should be a choker or anything close, I'm thinking a 16" may sit a little high ?

Second, What size will not be too small to see? How does a .3-.5 size sound?? Is a 1/3ct. stone able to be seen on the neck ok? OR.....Will .5ct be a better choice?

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
My pendant is on an 18" chain with a jump ring at 16". I usually wear it at 16".

As far as size, it''s up to you. But I think a .40-.45ct would be perfect. If you stay just under the .50ct mark, it''s much cheaper as well.

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly it all depends on her size. I am a petite gal (just at 5 feet tall) and when I wear a 16" chain it sits mid chest for me. An 18" goes down to pretty much my cleavage. For me a 13" sits right in that hallow of the neck. For others an 18" chain is very comfortable and a 16" is almost a choker. So unfortunately it is hard to say for sure what you should pick. I am forever getting my chains shortened. Does she have any chains/necklaces she wears that you could measure?

As for size again it is size dependant. I think somewhere between 1/3-1/2 would be wonderful no matter what.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Getting a chain that can be adjustable from 18 to 16 inches is a good call so she can wear it either way. I think a large 1/3 ct or a small 1/2 carat would be a nice size and won''t have the price tag of a 1/2 ct. pendant.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results