shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Which setting? (I''m going to get this right yet!)

Which engagement ring setting/wedding ring combo will remain timeless?

• Vatche channel set X-Prong and custom matching channel set wedding band

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Custom made Cartier inspired setting with matching band

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock

I started to veer off topic in this thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/more-aca-pics.33221/, so I decided to start a new one! Like I said in the previous thread, I have pretty much decided on the Vatche channel set X-Prong setting. I have always loved it! Even if I see another setting that I like, I always end up coming back to this one! I plan to have a straight channel set wedding band custom made to match (Vatche makes a matching band, but it is curved so that there isn''t a gap between the two rings). I don''t mind the small gap. My concern is that I have read here that channel set side stones are becoming a dated look .

Another option that I like is the platinum X-prong and a Signed Pieces eternity band. I like the wider engagement ring band paired with the thinner sparkly wedding ring. I wonder though if the X-Prong setting itself will become a dated look...

The third and final option is a custom made Cartier inspired setting and wedding band. Although, I wonder how it would look with a round diamond? I have only seen it pictured with a cushion.

I know that I should just go with my gut and get the Vatche channel set X-Prong, but I want a setting (and wedding band) that will remain timeless, as I don''t ever plan on upgrading my diamond or changing my setting. Which setting and wedding band combo do you think will remain timeless?

Pictures to follow!

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Finally! Sorry about that guys (it's my first poll).

Here are the pictures:

option 1 (photo from Nice Ice's website)

niceice2.JPG

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
They all have a timeless look, but I personally love #3.

Enjoy your selection process!

Stephanie

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I love #3 as well. They are all pretty, but that one just looks timeless.

Shay

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with the others - #3 looks more classic than the other two.

A lot of my friends have a version of #1 - -channel set rounds with a matching band. Although I think that look is also pretty, it just doesn''t wow me.

Someone recently had a Cartier one custom made....if I can remember I''ll post it -- MrsSalvo is really good at remembering those things - maybe she''ll chime in!
2.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/9/2005 8:04:07 AM
Author: jellybean
I agree with the others - #3 looks more classic than the other two.

A lot of my friends have a version of #1 - -channel set rounds with a matching band. Although I think that look is also pretty, it just doesn't wow me.

Someone recently had a Cartier one custom made....if I can remember I'll post it -- MrsSalvo is really good at remembering those things - maybe she'll chime in!
2.gif

i'm not sure if that's a good thing
20.gif
3.gif

anyway, here's buenomota's inspired cartier. original thread

custom_j_%20ring.jpg

e_weenend_2.jpg

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
Hehe...I KNEW you would remember it!
9.gif

I like buenomota''s but I would like to see the shank thinner. More delicate maybe.

I do have a solitaire kind of like buster''s wife''s (although mine is not an x-prong) and I get compliments on it all the time when I wear it with my eternity band.

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
I vote #3 as well.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welllllll. Which I prefer is actually different from which I think is most timeless.

Timeless: #2, no doubt. you can't go wrong with this combo
Personal pick: #3, no doubt. this is fluid & elegant & so, uh, Cartier

Caveat: I've never really enjoyed round stones channel set, because the space around the stones bothers me. My sister has round channel set hoops and they do nothing for me. Her round stone eternity wedding band, as in photo 2, looks AWESOME to me.

ETA: Have you considered the style of the Tiffany Deco ring? That's actually my fave for round center stones, and would be my pick if I wasn't Asscher crazy!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with decodelighted. I prefer #3, but I think that #2 is the most timeless. There is middle ground between timeless and trendy though!!! It''s not black and white! What I''m saying is, don''t only pick something that is timeless...pick something that is YOU.

vsylvia

Rough_Rock
i''d pick #3 too, but you can''t go wrong with any of those choices. they''re all beautiful!
you''re a lucky gal!!!!
1.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pix of Tiffany''s Deco-inspired ring. Your current pix reminded me of this ring ... don''t mean to confuse the issue even more!!

tiffanydeco.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
I vote #2. With all the diamonds in the channel-set bands (in #1 and #3), the solitaire won''t take center stage like it should (imo). I do love the look of a diamond wedding band, though.

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for your input so far guys!

I also want to thank Leonid for deleting my first two attempts at a poll thread for me. Sorry for cluttering up the board there for awhile. I probably should''ve waited until morning to try it, not at 1am when I was tired.
7.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
#3 of course, that Cartier is to DIE for !

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
I went with #3. It''s absolutely gorgeous and you can''t go wrong with Cartier--always a timeless classic.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would choose #3.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
I like n.3 as well. It''s timeless and less ''''already-seen''''.
9.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
3! 3! 3! where did you find that?? that''s my vote. classy and elegant.

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/9/2005 6:24:46 PM
Author: jcrow
3! 3! 3! where did you find that?? that''s my vote. classy and elegant.

I found the picture here on Pricescope!
1.gif

dazedland

Shiny_Rock
I vote #3!!! I agree that #2 is the most classic, but I think that #3 is still classic, but with a little different look. Plus extra bonus...MORE SPARKLE!!!

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Well...so far it seems that the overwhelming majority of you prefer the custom Cartier inspired set. This is the only option that I have not tried on yet (just saw a picture of it and thought WOW)! So, my boyfriend and I are off to Cartier tomorrow to see if they have it!
31.gif

I wonder how it would look with a round center stone. Part of what I like about the setting is that the head is squarish (I think it might lose that). The other thing that I''m not sure about is the band width. In pictures I LOVE the way a thin band looks. It just makes the center stone pop. But, when I tried one on (a Ritani), in person it just didn''t seem substantial enough on my finger (in my opinion). I guess if your going custom you can make the band as wide as you want, but I wonder if that would also make it lose something...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results