shape
carat
color
clarity

Help - Which setting for my half carat RHR?

Help - which setting will make my half carat pop?

• 1.) BGD full bezel (Lola) with coordinating bezel band

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • 2.) Victor Canera old European halo bezel (only with plain shank)

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • 3.) 3 stone ring like BGD open gallery or truth

Votes: 10 47.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

livewithease

Shiny_Rock
I'm resetting my grandmas half carat engagement ring into a RHR and would love to hear some opinions on which setting would make the stone pop the best. It's a around transitional diamond from the 1940's. I already wear a RB in cushion halo as my engagement ring.

1.) simple and clean bezel like the BGD Lola with coordinating bezel band (love the idea of being to stack more bands in the future but not sure if this setting will make my stone look tiny)
2.) bezel halo like Victor Canera old European bezel halo
3.) 3 stone ring like BGD truth, open gallery or trellis

_28571.jpg

_28572.jpg

_28573.jpg

_28574.jpg

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How great you have your grandmother's diamond to cherish.

You've picked some lovely styles. I chose the VC halo because I like the look for an OEC right hand ring. I know you have a halo already so perhaps too redundant & you want something different. If you do, I would go for the 3 stone trellis. The only reason I didnt vote for this one is that you have 2 more stones to match up. Mind you, with a transitional, it might be easier to find a match more in line with the pattern. Perhaps even modern rounds might look ok. In that case, go for 3 stone. I have always loved 3 stone rings but chose to go with a halo for my next ring because trying to find 2 matching OEC's was going to give me an stroke. LOL OR, you can choose gemstone sidetones too if you like that look.

Looking forward to seeing your completed project. :))

livewithease

Shiny_Rock
My first choice is the halo as well but I hesitate because it may feel too redundant. If I went with the VC bezel halo I would look to simplify it by keeping the shank plain and maybe changing the cathedral setting. These changes would also help to differentiate it from my existing ring. I've already reached out to VC and they said both of these modifications are doable. My only concern is whether or not they will take away from the existing design.

I love the idea of a 3 stones ring because it's completely different from what I have but agree it might be tough to find matching stones. I thought about gemstones but I've decided I really prefer diamonds. Given the size of my stone would you do three of equal weight or look to do smaller stones on the side?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, never mind my halo vote...didnt realize you already had a halo. I'm voting 3 stone now.

livewithease

Shiny_Rock
If I went for a 3 stone ring I'm leaning toward something like this one that another PS member posted from BGD.

_28580.jpg

_28581.jpg

_28582.jpg

redroze1

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful choice. Would you consider a rose gold shank on the 3 stone?

livewithease

Shiny_Rock
Yes, I would absolutely consider rose gold on the shank. I'm not sure my skin tone looks great against rose gold but I love it anyway. I found this picture with shows rose gold on the shank.

I'm so torn between the bezel halo and the three stone. The 3 stone feels different and more like a RHR but the halo is so beautiful and has that vintage quality. The halo is more $$ and it kinda kills me to spend so much on a half carat. Ideally I'd love to redesign my e-ring into a VC halo and create a 3 stone with my grandmas stone.

With the bezel halo I was thinking I'd remove the pave from the shank and simplify it altogether. It I'm not sure if that takes away from the ring.

_28597.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted 3-stone, but I also love the clean simplicity of the full bezel setting. Good luck with your decision!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE a plain shank halo, and I dont think that takes away from the look at all. I used to have one for a pear and I think it slit the difference between a halo and a soli perfectly. It was also a bezel, so it would work in that bezel soli look you like. And depending on how you do it it could be ulta modern or ultra vintage or anywhere in between.

Someone here a while back did a plain shank bezel halo for a .5 ct ish. I remember her saying it was a design based off a Cartier ring. Let me see if I can find it.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you are leaning towards the 3 stone look, I think all 3 stones the same size would be nice. You should have added "3 stone bezel set for same size stones" in your poll listing. LOL

CVB Design
Have you considered a 3 stone bezel ring? Here is a ring made by Caysie. I thought the stones looked to be the same size, very close but not exact. Still, I had to read the description to find out they were different. LOL The baskets are very nice but you can ask Caysie to make them Trellis like for even more of a unique feature. Bet that would be awesome. If I like elements from one vendor, I'll email that vendor 1st. They know they're design best & will know how to implement your own ideas.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/3-stone-beauty-by-caysie-cvb-inspired-design.208452/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/3-stone-beauty-by-caysie-cvb-inspired-design.208452/[/URL]

I would give Caysie a shout out. She is very communicative, easy going & definitely responds to emails very quickly. Also, David Klass has done some lovely 3 stone bezels. Check out their threads or other social media sites they post on.

Send off emails to Jewels by Grace, OWD, LoveAffaidDiamonds to find out what the chance would be to match up the 2 sidestones. I really like that halo but I think a 3 stone bezel would be a great choice for you. I'm sure either vendor will also work with you in terms of cost.

David Klass, check their Facebook pages for more examples.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/reset-my-oec-diamond-into-a-3-stone-bezel.191621/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/reset-my-oec-diamond-into-a-3-stone-bezel.191621/[/URL]
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/three-stone-bezel-reset-david-klass.210968/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/three-stone-bezel-reset-david-klass.210968/[/URL]

JBEG Setting:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-jbeg-three-stone-oec-bezel-ring-is-finished.152210/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-jbeg-three-stone-oec-bezel-ring-is-finished.152210/[/URL]

If this is too far out to lunch, I apologize. Just another idea to consider.

The halo, without diamonds on the shank would still look quite nice. You might want to add engraving, keeping it as mellow or wild as you want to with this. ;-)

All the best. :))

Edited several times because links would not work... hopefully adjusted.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A halo from Victor Canera is a lifetime piece. Most of his Emilya's do not have the cathedral shank and as Niel pointed out and showed: a plain shank with a halo looks great and very elegant.

For something really different I would do the three stone in RG.

You could also consider reaching out to David Klass: his work is top notch and his prices are very very reasonable.

livewithease

Shiny_Rock
I did consider a three stone bezel but for some reason I don't love that design. I'm absolutely gravitating away from anything too vintage or with too much detailing because I want to feel comfortable wearing this ring everyday. I believe I could achieve this look with either the bezel halo or the 3 stone.

I do agree that the VC ring would be something I'd have forever whereas the three stone feels a bit generic. I also think my stone probably works better in the halo. My only concern with the halo is that I probably wouldn't wear it at the same time I wear my e-ring because I think it would look weird but I would absolutely wear my e-ring with a three stone ring.

Of the two which do you think would give the most finger coverage?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The three stone would have the best horizontal coverage while a halo can optically make your diamond look larger.
I would choose a three stone as you can wear it together with your own halo e-ring. That way you will get more wear out of it.
Have you considered a three stone by Victor? He created a beautiful three stone with a special shank. Let me see if I can find it.

Here it is:

Whatever you do, don't compromise otherwise you will keep thinking about the Emilya by Victor. Perhaps you should browse a bit more and see what three stone makes your heart go pitter patter.

_28614.jpg

livewithease

Shiny_Rock
I did consider the three stone by victor but they said my stone wouldn't work in that design. I'm not sure if it was the size or concern with matching the stone. I'm going to try and call them on Monday to discuss since email is kinda tough.

With either ring I'd like to pair it with a band. I do love the bezel eternity bands.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted 3-stone. As a person who has TRIED to wear halo RHR's when I already wear my E-ring halo, I simply cannot pull of the look! It sounds like you have that concern as well. I love the CVB 3 stone with milgrain!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some eye candy for inspiration (these are by David Klass)

Please come back to share the outcome of your conversation with Victor!

The BGD ring will also look great with the bezelled eternity you have in mind.

_28624.jpg

_28625.jpg

_28626.jpg

_28627.jpg

livewithease

Shiny_Rock
So #1 is no longer a consideration and I'm leaning towards a three stone ring at this time but I'm not 100% which one yet. I feel like I need to go try on a few three stone designs including a three stone bezel halo. I am going to follow up with VC to discuss his bezel halo ring and possible options for him to create a three stone for me.

If I went with a three stone I think I'd stay with all platinum while I would consider a rose gold shank for the bezel halo. I found this ring on PS with a rose gold shank and thought it looked lovely. The other rings I adore are the Erika Grace caroline and Ava. I just think they are really pretty and love the simplicity of the shanks. I guess I love halos!

_28631.jpg

_28632.jpg

_28633.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds good in terms of next steps!
Seems like you keep coming back to the bezeled halo. The last one you posted has a more flowery appearance and might look different from your e-ring? Could you post a pic of your wedding set?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a gorgeous e-ring!! Do you wear it solo or with a band?
I would indeed opt for the three stone to balance the look. Let us know what Victor says.

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Acinom said:
That's a gorgeous e-ring!! Do you wear it solo or with a band?
I would indeed opt for the three stone to balance the look. Let us know what Victor says.

I agree with Acinom. I love your e-ring, and I think the three-stone would be lovely and more balanced on the other hand. What about two colored stones, e.g sapphires, to surround your diamond center?

livewithease

Shiny_Rock
I have a matching eternity band but tend to wear it solo most of the time. ERD created both but I've had a few problems with it so I need to get it back to them so them can fix it. Right now I have Miligrain on it but it seems to be wearing super quick so I may see if they can smooth it out. Not sure this is feasible and how much it would change the look of the ring but it's a little concerning that's it's worn down in less than a year. I didn't expect that to happen given the ring is in platinum. I also have a full eternity that I tend to wear solo most days instead of my e-ring and matching band. It's 3mm wide so it's too wide to wear with my e-ring and probably wouldn't work with this new ring either.

I'm definitely going to go for the three stone ring with all diamonds but now I need to decide which one! I will let you know what VC says.

Here's another three stone option with pave on the side I found on PS from BGD.

_28648.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The last stone you posted is very elegant!! I also love the pave on the shank. Have you also seen a profile view?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
a graduated 5 stone? :naughty:

livewithease

Shiny_Rock
A graduated five stone could be beautiful but I wouldn't know where to start. Do you think my center stone is too small for a graduated five stone or even a three stone for that matter? Given the size of my stone I dont necessarily think I need to make it the focal point and don't mind having side stones that gradually decrease in size vs having a bigger size difference.

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
ooooh!
I love the idea of a 5 stone RHR. I have been gleaning ideas from the "5 stone ring thread", sry I don't know who, but one pricescope member has a lovely 5 stone that is: .31 .41 .51 .41 .31.

I don't know your finger size but wowza!! :love: it looks like a lovely ring.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
livewithease|1428438702|3858138 said:
A graduated five stone could be beautiful but I wouldn't know where to start. Do you think my center stone is too small for a graduated five stone or even a three stone for that matter? Given the size of my stone I dont necessarily think I need to make it the focal point and don't mind having side stones that gradually decrease in size vs having a bigger size difference.

hers one that i think has nice proportions (the bottom). they are cushions but im sure would work with rounds
i think this pick is from packrat.

and no, i do not think your center is too small, the nice thing about a 5 stone is people make 5 stones out of, say .10 ct or .20 cts, so when you do a graduated one, the center stone being anything larger than that really make a big visual impact.

321190_10150398591284449_123076079448_8236166_1261207133_n.jpg

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I have a halo ering and a graduated five stone RHR with a .51ct center stone. I think it's a nice look!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results