shape
carat
color
clarity

Help w/ cushion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ajl

Shiny_Rock

Would like your thoughts on this diamond. I have it on reserve at GOG and I really appreciated everyone''s advice last time and it has helped me to focus my search. (I.E. Love Asschers can''t afford the size I want...) Anyway now I am taken w/ cushions. (Still love RB''s but think I would spend too much time comparing it to my ER/WR that was lost.)

The cushion I have reserved is:

Link: http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/3775
Shape: Cushion
Carat Weight: 1.61ct
Color: I
Clarity: VVS2
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: Negligible
Girdle: 2.23%
Lab Report: GIA
In House: Yes
Width: 6.92mm
Length: 7.21mm
Depth: 4.56mm
Table Percentage: 58.89%
Depth Percentage: 65.96%
Crown Depth: 16.59%
Pavilion Depth: 44.77%
Policy: Lifetime Guarantee

Thanks you!

PS I also like this Square Hearts and Arrows http://goodoldgold.com/diamond/3616/ - a different look I know Jonathan is helping me compare the two.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The cushion looks stunning! It depends on what you prefer, but out of the 2, my preference would be the cushion for sure, but only you can decide which out of 2 fabulous diamonds, will make you happiest! I would watch the video, but my computer is slower than molasses today
emotion-39.gif

MP

Shiny_Rock
That stone is amazing. I know from personal experience since I almost bought it and received some personal video footage of it comparing it to a princess. At the time it was a little out of my budget so I had to let it go. If you love cushions you''d be hard pressed to do any better.

That table and depth are great on the stone, not to mention the polish and symmetry.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Boy, that''s tough.

The cushion is obviously bigger (always a plus
9.gif
), and looked a bit brighter, with great fire, somewhat on the smaller flash side.

I also love the shape of the POH, and its fire was bolder/chunkier, which I really love.

All in all though, to get the most of what we strive for in a diamond, I think the cushion wins. I think it would perform slightly better over a wider range of lighting situations.

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Yikes, tough choice! Both of those stones look wonderful. The cushion gives you more noticeable size, but the PoH has those big, bold patterns that are so yummy. You can''t go wrong either way. Do you have your heart set on a particular setting yet?

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Well obviously I am a BIG cushion fan!!! So you know what I am going to say. Besides, the cushion obviously looks larger and as Ellen and I agree, well, that''s a good thing!!! It''s one of those "inbetween" stones that were discussed last week... If that''s the look you prefer, then I honestly think it is perfect!

ajl

Shiny_Rock
WOW- thank you for the quick responses.

pixley- I haven''t picked out a setting yet. This stone is at the top of my budget so it would have to be an "economical setting" and I would like it to look married and not just engaged. Suggestions are welcomed!

mp- I really appreciate your response on this one.

Ellen did a good job of describing what I was thinking about the 2 choices.

ajl

Shiny_Rock
Yes CrookedRock I followed your story last week- it certainly encouraged my love of cushions. The one you found is beautiful.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/13/2008 11:32:02 AM
Author: ajl
Yes CrookedRock I followed your story last week- it certainly encouraged my love of cushions. The one you found is beautiful.
Thank you! So it this one! Go for it. The coolest thing is that all f my friends and family who have seen my pics say that they have never seen anything like it before... I think that makes the cushion even neater... LOL Let us know what you pick!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
That cushion is lovely and the SPREAD!!! Definitely the cushion. I love PoH but the cushion''s spread is really a big deal IMO. Plus it''s just a lovely cushion.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results