shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP! Setting Dilemma

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone:

I don't know if anyone remembers but I have been going back and forth about resetting my stone since I got it :shifty: I have finally decided to keep my stone and reset it. My dilemma is that I am a very visual person and need to see what I will be getting. I recall seeing somewhere on this site that you can do just this, via computer software. This is where I am asking for some help, as I am a complete moron with anything having to do with the computer. (I just learned how to cut and paste - sad I know but I was tired of getting yelled at by my children). If you are unable to help me, no worries, please just point me in the right direction.

I have a few questions: Opinions on a setting, Cost and where to go (no LM please - not in a negative way btw).

Info: 7.06 x 8.92 EC diamond (currently in a LM 5 Stone Setting)

a) Should I do a three stone with 2 beautiful EC sapphires (* what size should I do, ratio, as I would love it to look as big as possible but without it looking silly.

b) Platinum Halo (bead/ bezel set)

c) Double Platinum Halo (bead /bezel set with sapphires and diamonds).

I will attach photos of what I am thinking.

What do you think the cost will be? Not looking to go crazy, as it's my big "50" and am looking to get a beautiful sapphire ring.

Where should I go and will they draw a picture in advance or allow me to be a part of the process?

Many Thanks.

img_9.png

img_7014.jpg

img_10.png

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is one of my favourites, a BE/ERD setting:

rt-101.jpg

This is my own 1.19ct EC in its new forever home, an air-line halo:

ecreset_d.jpg

Good luck with your re-set.

DK :))

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
Well....I just went into the same scenario last year. It has been QUITE a journey lol. I realized many things along the way and my advice is, if you want to be a part of the process and you want to work with someone who will allow you to be completely involved, you must choose carefully. I have worked with many lovely PS and non PS vendors over the years (only on PS a year). But, I would hands down, recommend Caysie Van Bebber of CVB Designs if you want to be a part of the entire process directly. The process is such a unique experience and she allows you to share her visions and she provides you with multiple sketches until you give her the go ahead to move on to the next stage. Any questions, please ask, Here or you can find me on Diamondbistro too and message me. Good luck and enjoy!

edited to add: currently resetting my emerald cut stone with CVB that I purchased from GOG last year.

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My opinion.....the threestone is timeless. I have two. I got a sapphire and diamond threestone for my 30th birthday, which was a very long time ago, and still love it. I loved it so much that when I got engaged I got a diamond threestone....11 years ago....still love it.

I think your current ring is lovely...I have an emerald that would look fabulous in it......but if you are unhappy with it, go traditional and timeless. Your bands will look perfect with a threestone. My suggestion for proportions is to go slightly narrower than your diamond. Or use the same proportions. Also, the pitch is important. The inspiration ring you posted appears to have emerald cut sapphires that are slightly wider relative to your emerald cut. IMO, not as elegant.

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
ps- one thing I would recommend is going to the store and trying on similar style in your size stones....had, I done that, I would've gone down a different path from the original design I chose.

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Hi! Thank you so much everyone.

DK168- your rings are beautiful!

artdecolover71- is your CVB in NYC? Also, do you mind me asking the cost to reset your ring? (The three stone w sapphires)? Do I go for 1ct each side or 1.5/2.00 each side? Not sure of proportions. My stone is a 1.26 ratio. I have looked and looked and will be going back into NYC again but so far I cannot fine anything other than that 1 ring I posted. Thus, my trying to find help to use a software for some help.

By rocks Ps. Do you have any interest to buy my LM setting for your EC? If so, lmk. It's just been polished (by Leon) and looks brand new.

And thank your for all your help. Again, need cost factors too but will call CVB.

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
http://instagram.com/cvb_id
This is Caysie at CVB who I am using. My reset is going to have a different look then my three stone. For pricing, if you look on lOve affair diamonds, she has similar pricing listed for the Jocelyn setting.

I had a three stone from timeless and it's a lovely look - but my new reset is a very different look. If you look on insta, you can check out the cads.

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you again! I am going to look her up. Of anyone else has a three stone or halo that can chime in w cost or the software for visualizing, that would be great. Thank you again.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the proportions of the three stone ring in this photo with the halo and sidestones. Of course your diamond would be the center stone and the sides would be the sapphires.

I also like the second EC cut setting with the three stones one either side. Similar to a three stone, but a little more unique.

detail_primary_transparent_1sa2373acorp_tableview1_1280x860.png

untitled_00189nl-preview.jpg

IceQueen2014

Rough_Rock
I second checking with Caysie. I just had two rings done by her and they are exquisite. She is so creative and patience throughout the whole process! Her prices are very reasonable and her work is amazing. Check out her Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/cvbinspired?ref=br_tf to see some of her work!! I would recommend her to ANYONE!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results