shape
carat
color
clarity

Help..Purchasing today, Mondera Emerald cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blueskiesalways

Rough_Rock
Is this a good Diamond purchase. I've done so much reasearch I can't think straight any more!!!
$3,193
EMERALD CUT
H-COLOR
VVS1-CLARITY
CUT-VERY GOOD

6.32 X 4.85 X 3.32mm
DEPTH-68.5%
TABLE-68%
GIRDLE-THICK
CUTLET-NONE
POLISH-VERY GOOD
SYMMETRY-GOOD
FLUORESCENCE-NONE

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Hard to tell if it's a good buy without the price and some more info, but that depth is HUGE! I've heard of some deeply-cut ECs, but this one takes the cake. Just from the depth alone I'd pass.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
The depth (which doesn't seem too bad to me) wouldn't bother me so much as the length to width ratio. According to the numbers, the ratio is 1.30:1 which means the stone is "stubbier" than the more traditional emerald cut which usually has longer proportions. To my eye, a ratio of somewhere between 1.45-1.55:1 is ideal, not too long and not too short. What kind of setting are you planning to put it in? That might help you decide whether this ratio is acceptable to you. Also, you don't say what the carat weight is. I hope this helps and doesn't make you more confused. Good luck.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Weigth still missing from stats, but all I can read sounds great. If the price is right for you, this is a promissing stone. Is there a return policy? If so, the odds for using it are slim indeed. The one thing that can (very slight chance, that is) go wrong is getting a windowed stone if the pavilion steps are too steep; this is just one thing to look for, otherwise, who would not like that perfectly clear little pebble
2.gif

blueskiesalways

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the response. The setting is white gold with a single baguette and round diamond on each side

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
From what you have posted, #s are nice.
1.gif
Bt can you give us a clue about the weight?
1.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Oh, LOL! Yes, that's a much more reasonable depth than 86! Well, I still wish I could get more stats, especially crown height, but otherwise it looks decent.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results