shape
carat
color
clarity

Help please with BGD Bead Set Eternity Band!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Hi all!

I've had my eye on the BGD bead set eternity band in 18kt WG for a few years now and my DH has suggested we get it for our 10 year wedding anniversary in 2 months! Yey! :love:

Now that's where you guys come in. I have a 1.25ct Vatche 113 solitaire that I wear either with its Vatche plain band and/or several diamond bands that I have collected over the years but I was wondering what width would you suggest for the bead set eternity. The solitaire shank is about 2.5mm wide and the bead set is 3mm wide (with 8 pointers) and I'm a little worried it may overpower my solitaire.

What would you do? Just go with the full bling of 3mm? Go with 2.5mm? Or somewhere in between?

Thanks so much for your advice!

Links to the bead set bands (half and full eternity):
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/wedding-and-anniversary-bands/eternity-bands/bead-set-half-eternity-platinum-5750p
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/wedding-and-anniversary-bands/eternity-bands/bead-set-eternity-band-18k-white-gold-5433w18

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your upcoming anniversary!

I would probably go with 6 pointers (2.5mm diamonds) instead of the 8 pointers. It will probably come in a little over 2.5mm- probably 2.7mm wide. It is a personal preference though. I think that 2.8mm diamonds (8 pointers) would be too big for me.

Anything you get from BGD will be gorgeous though. I can't wait to see what you get!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your reply Crystal!

I am thinking along the same lines as you - the 6 pointers will probably look most balanced. Will still give nice bling without overpowering the e-ring. I also have to decide if to go with half eternity, 3/4 or full eternity... My ring size has been stable for the last decade so maybe I can get away with the full eternity but at the same time I'd always worry about damaging the underside a little during day to day wear... so many decisions!! :)

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
I have the same concerns about full eternity bands. I love the idea of a full eternity, but I just don't think I could do it because I am hard on jewelry. :think: I would probably go with a little more than half (60%) or just go for the 3/4 eternity band.

I can't wait to see pics of whatever you decide to go with :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I have a picture of my ring when it had a 1.5 ct diamond when I tried on a Tiffany band with 8 pointers. I thought it was very proportional to that diamond which was 7.5mm, but I think you could go with either 6 or 8mm with your 1.25 ct diamond.

As far as the amount of diamonds goes, I would ask how far you can put diamonds and still resize the ring. My daughter has a bead set diamond band by Maytal Hannah, and Maytal just left a small metal area which she then engraved and you don't even notice when the band is turned around. So I would go as close as possible to full eternity leaving a small sizing area.

7_stone__8_0.jpg

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for your replies crystal and diamondseeker! Also thanks for the picture, diamondseeker, that's very helpful. The 8 pointers there don't look very overpowering at all compared to your 1.5ct but that may also have something to do with the minimal metal present (vs BGD bead set).

I am waiting for a reply/quotes from BGD now and will let you know what happens :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results