shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Please! Best 4C combination!?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

the_spartans

Rough_Rock
I am planning on spending about $12,000, give or take a thousand or so. Right now, I''m looking at 1.7 carat round diamonds, with an H color, VS1 or 2 clarity and and AGS 0 or 1.

Question-is this the right "mix" for a quality diamond for the price? I assumed a lower color due to higher clarity. Also, is an AGS 1 okay versus AGS zero? Should I lower all expectations to get a 2.0 carat?

Help! Time is running out for me!!!!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
The_spartans, there is nothing wrong about this combination and the price.

It all depends on your personal taste and preferences. Check out "What to buy?" page for some ideas about combination of grades.

Many people prefer lower clarity as long as the diamond is eye clean. Good eyeclean SI1 may be just fine. Some folks are happy even with I1 clarity stones with small white inclusions.

H color is white enough for everyday life but some people prefer icy-white look of D-F colors. You have to see it and decide for yourself.

AGS1 is rather uneven/broad range. Stones can be very unequal within this or any other AGS cut grade. You have to check them out.

Good luck
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this the same as the other thread?

It may help to see some diamonds. However, in absence of any hint on what could be impoarnt, I wouls mention that I color is the "commercial" white grade - menaing the last grade still considered white by most mortals (stone considered by itself not soide by side with a colorless). Of course, some would go for an M and for others F is tinted - but those are rather unusual extremes.

So? With size and budget in mind, H/I-SI, H&A (HCA <2) would do. That top cut is suposed to bring out the most of the stone and support te other grades - so I would not lower the standard for it. One 2cts, I-SI, H&A stone like this is currently listed for 14K. You migh find a better buy.

One thing about size though: you might want to consider that staying around 1.8cts would get a better deal - stones just above 2cts would be a bit more expensive per carat just 'cause they passed the weight threshold.

Hope this helps.

the_spartans

Rough_Rock
Yes, this was the same as the last thread. Sorry-I was trying to change the title to better describe my issue.

Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results