shape
carat
color
clarity

Help on a Princess Cut Please!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cameron

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone;

I'm new to this great site and forum and would like your professional opinion and appreciate any help I could get. I'm just a beginner and trying to purchase this for my wife to show my appreciation to her. Here are the specs...

Princess cut
3.65 C.
I
VS2
8.36*8.35**6.16
Depth 74%
table 72%
Crown 11.3%
Pavillion 58.1%
Girdle Thin to sl. thick polished
Culet N
Fl. N
Polish Very good/excellent
Symmetry Good / Very good
Cert. EGL/ USA in LA
Price; $24,000.

Is this a good to fair deal or should I stay away? My concern is mostly on cert.. Thank you.

Cameron
wavey.gif

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
hi Cameron
1.gif
YAY! wife appreciation! I LUV it!!
appl.gif

that sounds like a niiiice stone! you shouldn't be super-worried about EGL USA - they have a good rep
21.gif
if you're concerned at all, just make the purchase contingent on the appraiser confirming the specs as stated.

my biggest concern is w the price - $24K. it's listed on Dirt Cheap (they have a v good rep) for $19235. you could either ask you jeweler to match that price or go w DCD
1.gif
also, if you go w DCD, you could ask them to take a look at the stone & get their opin on color/clarity (if it matches the cert).

good luck!
9.gif

cameron

Rough_Rock
thank you. I noticed that same stone on the web for different prices from different vendors. I think I can get the stone may be around 21K.. Let's see what happens next.

thank you.

Cameron

z78gml

Shiny_Rock
THAT IS SO SWEET OF YOU!
appl.gif
appl.gif

REGARDING YOUR QUESTIONS:
I'M NOT A DIAMOND EXPERT BUT MY FIANCE JUST PURCHASED A PRINCESS CUT 2.51 PRINCESS, F COLOR, VVS2, GIA CERT FOR ME. I COMPARED IT TO MY BESTFRIEND'S RING. EGL, E COLOR, VVS2 ,2 CARAT AND MINE SEEMED MUCH MORE COLORLESS. MY DIAMOND HAS A BLUE COLOR IN IT. I DONT KNOW WHAT COUNTRY HER EGL CERTIFICATE IS FROM. BUT YOU CAN SEE THE DIFFERENCE. I WOULD GO WITH A GIA CERT. THIS IS MY PRIORITY FOR PRUCHASING A RING- CUT, COLOR,CARAT, CLARITY. HOPE MY OPINION HELPS. - YOU CAN VIEW MY RING ON SHOW ME THE RING.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results