shape
carat
color
clarity

Help on a particular diamond I''m thinking of buying

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mack

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I''d appreciate if anyone can give me their opinion on the following stone I''m thinking of purchasing for an engagement ring.

Cut: Round brilliant
Measurements: 7.56 - 7.61 x 4.53 mm
Weight: 1.57 carat
Depth: 59.7%
Table: 58%

Girdle: Thin to Medium, Faceted
Culet: None
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Clarity: VS2
Color: F
Flourescence: None
Asking Price: $14,500

I examined the stone with a 10x loupe for quite awhile and it looks really clean. Nothing significant that I can see at least. The GIA cert shows no inclusions in the table view, and only a slight needle and feather in the pavilion view. I couldn''t find either of them when I looked. However I did see what looked like polish lines, although it could have been the needle reflected 34734854 times inside the diamond
confused.gif

Please let me know what you guys think. Any opinion is greatly appreciated!
wavey.gif

Regards,
Mack

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Ask for a Sarin and an IdealScope picture, we don't know enough about your diamond. It could be very nice but the cert doesn't say enough.

mack

Rough_Rock
Hello again,

Well this diamond I'm looking at is from the NYC diamond district area. I don't know much about the dealer. But my friend gets diamonds from this guy and she's the one who showed it to me. I would like to trust her but it seems she doesn't really have the expertise or knowledge that I'm seeing here on Pricescope. She mainly does jewelry design and metalwork. I asked her to ask the dealer what the Pavilion depth and Crown heights were and he had no idea what those terms were (supposedly he use to be a cutter), so I highly doubt he'll have a Sarin or and Idealscope.

Should I step away from this one? All the information I have is the GIA report and from first-hand examination of the stone. It looks nice but again this is my first (and hopefully last
21.gif
) engagement ring purchase. I'd really like to have a stone I'm confident about and that is backed up not just with a GIA.

Another thing I'm concerned about is that this stone has a good and very good polish and symmetry respectively. I did some quick price checks on the internet at the usual suspects and found higher quality stones for far less (at least on paper).

Right not I'm sitting on the fence. I feel reluctant to go ahead and buy this stone just because I've found this web site hehe. It's made me think twice. $14,500 can make one think quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results