shape
carat
color
clarity

Help needed please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

newbee/uk

Rough_Rock
I would like to buy a diamond online in order to have a ring made for my wife, dont want to pay shop retail prices, and not experienced enough to purchase on line just yet.
I want to buy 0.40 round diamond.(Dont have enough money for anything bigger)
I would like as good a quality as possible, does this need to be d,e,f in colour, vvs1,vvs2, ect.
Basically i would be grateful if some could guide me in what 4c''s to go for with this size of diamond.
Thanks
confused.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can't really go wrong with one of those "Harts and Arrows" stones, in terms of cut quality (so one C down). Offline, this laberl carris a serious premium though, as most of the stiones cut to this level of precission would carry some brand. It might not come as a surprise that I really believe you woudl get better value online.

It seems that the gardes hold a symbolic value to you, but it would be completely improbable that one could ever tell a D from a G in this size, and even more so when the stone will be mounted. Not a problem unless there are lots of diamond graders among your friende! Those VVS grades are immaterial - visualy. VS is just as eye clean...

Actually, I really like those bands with one diamond in them - not sure this type of style you have in mind - but there is hardly any way to place a much bigger diamond in them. One would be nice with such a stone - although this might not be a typical American choice.

Conclusion? F/G-VS1/VS2 would probably work best. I would look for stones with 'Very Good" symmetry or better and good light return ( as predicted by some optical test). After all, it will be the cut making the most of the stone among the 3Cs.

Hope this helps. The tutorial here on PS would too
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are some pieces with the respective specs:

0.44cts E-VS1 (the details on cut quality are quite nice on this one, so it makes an interesting example, even if the grades could go lower with no harm done)

A search for "known H&A" on this site for F/G, VS1/VS2, 0.4-0.45cts yielded 5 stones priced below $1100.

And THIS one caught my attention too...

As you can see, if you decide to take into account shoppers' experinece at least from this site (and you can PM buyers with questions about sellers, of course)... there is no dearth of no excuse top color, calrity and cut stones available.

A suiable setting can join any of these stones one way or another, of course.

newbee/uk

Rough_Rock
what about this one?
http://www.usacerteddiamonds.com/usagia/index100.html?md=10

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results