• 3. VCA Frivole

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • 4. Another option (I'll tell you)

Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Sharon, I love the Tiffany Legacy earrings the most. Do they do them in studs? And also, at my desired size and colour, wouldn't they be totally out of reach for me?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Goodness!! I love those LM cushions, Sharon!

But again, they are dangling and I'd bet very expennsive! Any idea how much they'd be, those fitting my criteria? Anyone happen to know? (I don't particularly want to start a dialogue with Mr Mege just to enquire! ;)) ).

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
m-2-b|1469817096|4060629 said:

You know, I tried those on when I was buying the Lotus ring. And you know what''s funny?! As much as I loved/ love my Lotus ring (and this ring makes my heart flutter each and every time I look at her AND she's been receiving tons of compliments!), I didn't feel the same with the Lotus earrings, at all! I dunno why! :o

But, I will try the earrings on again, to see how I really feel. Thank you for your suggestion.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
dollyanjuli|1469823244|4060649 said:
i of course vote for VCA, as everything there is to die and if i could afford it, I would have half the store.

I actually love those lotus earrings M2B posted, equal to the frivole with diamonds.I wish you liked the Alhambras, i just saw a good deal (if you consider almost 18K a "deal") on some pre owned diamond ones...

https://www.therealreal.com/products/women/jewelry/earrings/van-cleef-and-arpels-van-cleef-and-arpels-diamond-alhambra-earrings

This is going to be my new favorite thread, I already know. :love: :love: :love:

That IS indeed a good deal. I'll go back and try them on again.

You're too cute! Xx

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mol42|1469823461|4060651 said:
Hi Phoenix--- what a lovely and fun question to ponder!
Out of your options I vote for pave Frivole. But have you considered the Cosmos in pave? Blingier and bigger than the Frivole, definitely high color, and gorgeous! :love:

http://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/en/collections/jewelry/floral/cosmos/vcaro68n00-cosmos-earclips-small-model.html

Hehehe, isn't it?! :dance:

You know, I actually haven't tried these on, can you imagine?! Next time I visit my local VCA, I certainly will do that.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1469858509|4060777 said:
Oh, Sharon, I love the Tiffany Legacy earrings the most. Do they do them in studs? And also, at my desired size and colour, wouldn't they be totally out of reach for me?

Phoenix--I have no idea about pricing! (I wish! :bigsmile: ) Such fun to look for you. :wavey:

Incidentally, I have a link to the Mc2 estate site--while they no long have pictures of their offerings, they do carry important, branded and non branded pieces. With your budget I would inquire!!!!!

http://mcteigue.com/heritage/

cheers--Sharon

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1469858041|4060775 said:
diamondseeker2006|1469815258|4060621 said:
Oh goodness, this is easy! I surely wouldn't do another pair of studs with another kind of diamond.

My vote of those options is Frivole, definitely! I love the small pair in white gold or pave! I think the pave is more dressy, so I would go with the white gold with diamond center for daily wear. You do need to try them on, of course.

The other beautiful VCA option is the pave white gold Alhambra earrings.

The other great option that is not drops but does hang below the lobe are these Whiteflash hoops which I think are classics and a fantastic pair:

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamond-earrings/agbf-inside-out-diamond-hoop-earrings-2809.htm

DS, why not another pair of studs? Not even of a different cut? I kinda fancy the idea of larger antique studs. Tell me, do you find antique cuts to be less of a disco-ball kind of sparkly than super-ideal H&A? What about AVRs? Are they not more suitable for earrings (compared to rings)?

I already have 2 pairs of hoops and hardly ever wear them.

I tried the Alhambra earrings, but they didn't wow me for some reason. I''ll try them on again, just to be 100% sure.

Ah, well definitely scratch the hoops, then. I just think a pair of haloed studs is going to be the same look. Most people won't know the difference. You'd definitely have to have a pair custom cut. I think anything not round would drive me absolutely nuts as studs, though, because I'd be having to look in the mirror to make sure they were oriented exactly the same way! I think that is the reason many have recommended leverbacks with the main stones hanging right below the lobe and a smaller stone above them. I would think leverbacks would be as safe or safer than studs. Or the kind of backs a lot of VCA earrings have, can't think of what that is called.

I would go back to VCA and ask to try ALL white gold (or platinum) pave earrings. I agree that with your BTF Lotus ring, the Frivole and Alhambra pave won't work well. I also wouldn't get a Frivole BTF pave ring when you already have the Lotus.

If I already had 2ct+ each studs, I would love having 2 or 3 VCA pair that were each distinctive in style over another pair of haloed studs, personally. However, since you are the one actually buying these :lol: , I will have to say if you want another pair with a different cut of stone, you certainly should do that!!!

However, I will say, I think AVCs or AVRs would look 1000 times better set like the pics below (slight drops). These kinds of designs would make a different look than the studs with jackets that you already have, and leverbacks should be very secure. You can even add a plastic disc on the post behind the ear as an extra layer of protection.

Just imagine with little AVRs or AVCs at the top and perfectly matched AVCs at the bottom! Or last pic, you can have halos, too. I adore the Tiffany Legacy earrings as they are, but you can get much larger stones buy having them custom made with H-I color.

tiffany-legacy-diamond-earring.jpg

_37918.jpg

_37920.jpg

ssrosecut1.jpg

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
diamondseeker2006|1469894040|4060864 said:
Phoenix|1469858041|4060775 said:
diamondseeker2006|1469815258|4060621 said:
Oh goodness, this is easy! I surely wouldn't do another pair of studs with another kind of diamond.

My vote of those options is Frivole, definitely! I love the small pair in white gold or pave! I think the pave is more dressy, so I would go with the white gold with diamond center for daily wear. You do need to try them on, of course.

The other beautiful VCA option is the pave white gold Alhambra earrings.

The other great option that is not drops but does hang below the lobe are these Whiteflash hoops which I think are classics and a fantastic pair:

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamond-earrings/agbf-inside-out-diamond-hoop-earrings-2809.htm

DS, why not another pair of studs? Not even of a different cut? I kinda fancy the idea of larger antique studs. Tell me, do you find antique cuts to be less of a disco-ball kind of sparkly than super-ideal H&A? What about AVRs? Are they not more suitable for earrings (compared to rings)?

I already have 2 pairs of hoops and hardly ever wear them.

I tried the Alhambra earrings, but they didn't wow me for some reason. I''ll try them on again, just to be 100% sure.

Ah, well definitely scratch the hoops, then. I just think a pair of haloed studs is going to be the same look. Most people won't know the difference. You'd definitely have to have a pair custom cut. I think anything not round would drive me absolutely nuts as studs, though, because I'd be having to look in the mirror to make sure they were oriented exactly the same way! I think that is the reason many have recommended leverbacks with the main stones hanging right below the lobe and a smaller stone above them. I would think leverbacks would be as safe or safer than studs. Or the kind of backs a lot of VCA earrings have, can't think of what that is called.

I would go back to VCA and ask to try ALL white gold (or platinum) pave earrings. I agree that with your BTF Lotus ring, the Frivole and Alhambra pave won't work well. I also wouldn't get a Frivole BTF pave ring when you already have the Lotus.

If I already had 2ct+ each studs, I would love having 2 or 3 VCA pair that were each distinctive in style over another pair of haloed studs, personally. However, since you are the one actually buying these :lol: , I will have to say if you want another pair with a different cut of stone, you certainly should do that!!!

However, I will say, I think AVCs or AVRs would look 1000 times better set like the pics below (slight drops). These kinds of designs would make a different look than the studs with jackets that you already have, and leverbacks should be very secure. You can even add a plastic disc on the post behind the ear as an extra layer of protection.

Just imagine with little AVRs or AVCs at the top and perfectly matched AVCs at the bottom! Or last pic, you can have halos, too. I adore the Tiffany Legacy earrings as they are, but you can get much larger stones buy having them custom made with H-I color.

YES AND YES!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1469894040|4060864 said:

Oh wow, DS, thank you soooo much for your suggestions and the pics.

I love the Frivole pave line. I especially ADORE the Frivole pave necklace, it's absolutely magnificent and yet still very feminine and easy to wear. I could easily rock that, even with jeans. So, yeah, the Frivole pave line is stuck in my brain and I've tried the BTF ring and thought it was really lovely too. I may still buy both the BTF ring and the single ring, to wear together like the pic I posted...depending on whether I have extra funds in the future. The Frivole earrings would make a nice addition if I do buy the rings and/ or the necklace, but probably not as a single item. They wouldn't be substantial enough and the more I think about it the more I think I wouldn't reach for them often enough, just to wear on their own. So maybe I'll do the Frivole in reverse order and wait until I buy the rings and/ or necklace first before buying the earrings....IF i buy any, that is.

So, I'm more likely to go the larger centre stone route for my second pair of earrings. I'm reeeeaaaally loving the earrings in the third picture, from the top down, that you've posted. My goodness!! Imagine those with larger centre AVC's or antique cushions and smaller more delicate halo's and no airline?! :love: :love: :love:

DS, you haven't answered my Q! :cheeky: :lol: I think you may have looked at plenty of antique cut diamonds, right? Do you think antique cushions (not AVC's, bc the latter may carry too much premium) would be sparkly enough and satisfy my thirst for the disco-ball effect?

The leverbacks, I'd have to have them custom made bc my lobes are thicker and I'd want them to be extra comfortable. I wonder how easy they'd be to put on and take off? They look like they may be a little fiddly. Studs are so easy to put on and take off, and I'm a little concerned leverbacks may be too hard.

If I go this route, what size cushions would you recommend and whom do you think I should consider, to set them?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
dollyanjuli|1469855484|4060766 said:
YAY Phoenix is here! I think you need a new necklace also...i have so many ideas for you. :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Lol, you're such an enabler! :lol:

This is my current obsession, the Frivole pave necklace. OMG, the pic does not do this gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous necklace any justice whatsoever!! I've tried it on at my local VCA and had a hard time taking it off. I wouldn't buy it however; unless I have plenty of extra cash lying around, and have already satisfied my other wants first.

frivole_necklace.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1469893405|4060859 said:
Phoenix|1469858509|4060777 said:

Phoenix--I have no idea about pricing! (I wish! :bigsmile: ) Such fun to look for you. :wavey:

Incidentally, I have a link to the Mc2 estate site--while they no long have pictures of their offerings, they do carry important, branded and non branded pieces. With your budget I would inquire!!!!!

http://mcteigue.com/heritage/

cheers--Sharon

LOL! I'm having such fun looking at the various options you posted. :appl:

I will certainly enquire.

Thank you again, Sharon.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, I went to VCA yesterday and tried on the small pave Frivole earrings as well as the small Lotus, small full pave Cosmos and vintage pave Alhambra earrings; and I must say the Frivole were the nicest looking ones on my ears. But I'm still not sure the Frivole can be an alternate for my BGD studs though...which is ok bc I still have at least one year to plan for the next earrings.

I also tried on the Magic pave dangling earrings and whilst they looked amazing, they were super super heavy...and I don't think I want to shell out that much money for those, as they are clearly not everyday earrings (too impractical).

I also tried on the Frivole rings in the combination I posted and really loved this combo!! :love: :love: :love:

And...bc I love VCA so much, I walked away with yet another acquisition, something not expensive but I loved/ love it!! ;))

I really need to stop visiting VCA, at least for a while, lol.

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Phoenix|1470283559|4062363 said:
So, I went to VCA yesterday and tried on the small pave Frivole earrings as well as the small Lotus, small full pave Cosmos and vintage pave Alhambra earrings; and I must say the Frivole were the nicest looking ones on my ears. But I'm still not sure the Frivole can be an alternate for my BGD studs though...which is ok bc I still have at least one year to plan for the next earrings.

I also tried on the Magic pave dangling earrings and whilst they looked amazing, they were super super heavy...and I don't think I want to shell out that much money for those, as they are clearly not everyday earrings (too impractical).

I also tried on the Frivole rings in the combination I posted and really loved this combo!! :love: :love: :love:

And...bc I love VCA so much, I walked away with yet another acquisition, something not expensive but I loved/ love it!! ;))

I really need to stop visiting VCA, at least for a while, lol.

WHAT DID YOU BUY?!!?!?!?! Can't leave us hanging!!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dolly, I bought a WG Perles d'Or. None of my friends likes it, however! ::)

So, now I'm thinking of returning it for a credit note.

I'm really loving the Frivole line. And I also like the Perlee hoop earrings. :Up_to_something:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix do you have huggies or hoops?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1470321702|4062468 said:

I've worn both and now have 2 pairs of hoops. Why do you ask, PB?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix said:

It figures you have hoops - I imagine your jewelry box to be the size of a jewelry store :dance: . That was me trying to come up with an "other" option - clearly I lack creativity LOLOLOL!!!! :lol:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1470322463|4062479 said:
Phoenix said:

It figures you have hoops - I imagine your jewelry box to be the size of a jewelry store :dance: . That was me trying to come up with an "other" option - clearly I lack creativity LOLOLOL!!!! :lol:

Hahaha, so cute of you! Muack!

I'm eyeing the Perlee hoops, these (either in RG to match my bangle or WG bc most of my jewellery is in WG or platinum):

http://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/en/collections/jewelry/perlee/perlee-clover/vcaro2mk00-perlee-clover-hoop-earrings.html

Actually, these are a cross between huggies and hoops; and are a little heavy but very easy to wear.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1470322779|4062481 said:
PintoBean|1470322463|4062479 said:
Phoenix said:

Hahaha, so cute of you! Muack!

I'm eyeing the Perlee hoops, these (either in RG to match my bangle or WG bc most of my jewellery is in WG or platinum):

http://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/en/collections/jewelry/perlee/perlee-clover/vcaro2mk00-perlee-clover-hoop-earrings.html

Actually, these are a cross between huggies and hoops; and are a little heavy but very easy to wear.

Off topic Phoenix but I am curious if you have tried on those skinny Perlee bangles yet? if so what's your opinion on them. The look feel and weight?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hathalove, which of these do you mean?

This? http://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/en/collections/jewelry/perlee/perlee-pearls-of-gold/vcaro7td00-perlee-perles-dor-bracelet-small-model.html

Or this? http://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/en/collections/jewelry/perlee/perlee-signature/vcarn8p700-perlee-signature-bracelet-small-model.html

If it's the Perles d"Or, that's the one I've bought. I like that it's a bit higher (and pairs quite well with my Cartier pave Love, which is thicker than the non-pave Love version). It's brushed gold though and thus does not have the high surface sheen like the Clover or the Signature. It feels fine, light but not too light given that it's skinny - as in you don''t expect it to be heavier since it's skinnier, iykwim. It is however a little too simple and is probably not "value-for-money" and doesn't readily look like a designer piece, especially for those "not-in-the-know". But personally, I like it.

The Perlee Signature is quite cool-looking, but not terribly sturdy. I've read some reviews on tPF where some members say that it feels like tin. I don't agree 100% but I kind of know what they mean; it feels a little flimsy. And on the one I tried on recently, the clasp seemed to have a problem in that it didn't close easily, unlike my Perlee Clover or the Perlee Perles d'Or. But the positives are that it has a beautiful high sheen and looks quite edgy.

They both feel very comfortable on. Oh oh, the Perles d'Or is a true oval, like the Cartier Love; whereas the Perlee Signature is more like a rectangular with soft corners, like the Perlee Clover. Also, VCA small is smaller than the Love size 16, if that matters.

Hope that helps. Are you thinking of buying one of these?

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1470370563|4062692 said:
hathalove, which of these do you mean?

This? http://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/en/collections/jewelry/perlee/perlee-pearls-of-gold/vcaro7td00-perlee-perles-dor-bracelet-small-model.html

Or this? http://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/en/collections/jewelry/perlee/perlee-signature/vcarn8p700-perlee-signature-bracelet-small-model.html

If it's the Perles d"Or, that's the one I've bought. I like that it's a bit higher (and pairs quite well with my Cartier pave Love, which is thicker than the non-pave Love version). It's brushed gold though and thus does not have the high surface sheen like the Clover or the Signature. It feels fine, light but not too light given that it's skinny - as in you don''t expect it to be heavier since it's skinnier, iykwim. It is however a little too simple and is probably not "value-for-money" and doesn't readily look like a designer piece, especially for those "not-in-the-know". But personally, I like it.

The Perlee Signature is quite cool-looking, but not terribly sturdy. I've read some reviews on tPF where some members say that it feels like tin. I don't agree 100% but I kind of know what they mean; it feels a little flimsy. And on the one I tried on recently, the clasp seemed to have a problem in that it didn't close easily, unlike my Perlee Clover or the Perlee Perles d'Or. But the positives are that it has a beautiful high sheen and looks quite edgy.

They both feel very comfortable on. Oh oh, the Perles d'Or is a true oval, like the Cartier Love; whereas the Perlee Signature is more like a rectangular with soft corners, like the Perlee Clover. Also, VCA small is smaller than the Love size 16, if that matters.

Hope that helps. Are you thinking of buying one of these?

Yes its the Perles d'Or! I did'nt realize you bought one... Can I bug you for a modeling pic pretty please? I have been thinking about this bracelet wondering if it would feel special enough. Is it strong? Like would I be able to accidentally fall asleep with it on and not have to worry about bending it or changing its shape? There is something that I love about those pearls of gold. I loved the perlee ring I had but tired of rose gold so I sold it. I had planed on buying it again in yellow but you distracted me with the skinny trinity so I bought that instead! I was worried about the trinity being discontinued. lol If I purchased this bangle, I would most likely get it in yellow. Its my birthday this month and just trying to figure out my potential wish list. I have AVR/AVC/Emerald/Asscher on the brain as well. But I know my husband feels better about gift purchases when he can truly be a part of it. As in stand there, give his opinion and purchase it. Verses me making the entire piece go down online, having it arrive and then rocking it with my "oh this is what you got me" vibe. HA. I have also been dreaming of a LOVE bangle but everyone is rocking these where I am so I don't know.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hathalove|1470378513|4062702 said:
Yes its the Perles d'Or! I did'nt realize you bought one... Can I bug you for a modeling pic pretty please? I have been thinking about this bracelet wondering if it would feel special enough. Is it strong? Like would I be able to accidentally fall asleep with it on and not have to worry about bending it or changing its shape? There is something that I love about those pearls of gold. I loved the perlee ring I had but tired of rose gold so I sold it. I had planed on buying it again in yellow but you distracted me with the skinny trinity so I bought that instead! I was worried about the trinity being discontinued. lol If I purchased this bangle, I would most likely get it in yellow. Its my birthday this month and just trying to figure out my potential wish list. I have AVR/AVC/Emerald/Asscher on the brain as well. But I know my husband feels better about gift purchases when he can truly be a part of it. As in stand there, give his opinion and purchase it. Verses me making the entire piece go down online, having it arrive and then rocking it with my "oh this is what you got me" vibe. HA. I have also been dreaming of a LOVE bangle but everyone is rocking these where I am so I don't know.

Hathalove, I took some pics of the Perles d'Or paired with my Cartier Love today, and plan to take more pics of it paired with my tennis bracelets as well as my Perlee Clover. I'm really loving this bracelet actually; it's so versatile! I shouldn't have said it wasn't expensive (in one of my posts above); because it is. It's actually horrible value for money, especially when you think about how little gold and labour have gone into this bracelet; and as I said, it doesn't look to a non-VCA consumer like it belongs to the high-end designer category. BUT it's the only bracelet I've come across that sits flush with my Cartier pave Love (even if it does scratch the Love :nono: ) and as I've just discovered, tonight actually, that it pairs beautifully with my other bracelets too. :love: :love: :clap:

To answer your question, I don't think (but of course I don't know for sure) that it'd bend if you fell asleep with it on, unless you hit it very hard against a hard headboard. But I certainly wouldn't have it on 24/7 and run around doing physical things, like the gym or gardening, with it on. Then again, I tend not to wear my other bangles while at the gym either.

This bracelet in yellow gold would be lovely :love: :love: . I love VCA rose and yellow golds, they're so much richer than other brands'. I'd like to ask you a question though: are you planning to wear this on its own? I ask bc to me, it looks rather insubstantial on its own. I have to say however that I tend to like my bracelets stacked (I've had a hard time coming to terms with my bracelets getting scratched) - this is just a look that I personally love, not saying at all that's how it should be worn. I know what you mean about the Love as so many people seem to have it; but imo if you chose to wear one of these bracelets on its own, the Love would be a better candidate...again just my opinion.

I will take pics of the Perlee d'Or in various pairing combinations as well as on its own and share them with you tomorrow (I just got home not too long ago and am a little tired).

Lol at what you said about the skinny Trinity. :lol:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, an update on my quest for the next earrings, for those who may be interested. :)) I took one of my closest friends, another PS'er, to VCA today and showed her the Frivole earrings on. She said that while they were pretty, I wouldn't wear them often enough. She seems to think I should stick to studs. She knows me and my taste and style pretty well, so I'm certainly paying attention to what she's said.

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Why didn't your friends like the d'or? I think it is lovely but would def look best in a stack, either with other bangles of the same but in different colors or with other kinds of bangles, like what you have. LOL about your comment about how it wasn't that expensive but then realizing it actually is ;-)

So back to another pair of studs now? Are you thinking a different shape or something with a dangle or halo to keep it different from your current? If you are still open to other things, I saw someone on Beverly Hills that had the most AMAZING sapphire cushion studs with a halo. They were truly breathtaking, the most beautiful color. Not sure if you want to explore colored options, but I personally have always found it very chic to be in neutral colors or black or white and have statement color earrings that are clearly $$$. After I get my magic alahambra earrings (one day!) that's next on my list.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1470413312|4062798 said:
hathalove|1470378513|4062702 said:

Hathalove, I took some pics of the Perles d'Or paired with my Cartier Love today, and plan to take more pics of it paired with my tennis bracelets as well as my Perlee Clover. I'm really loving this bracelet actually; it's so versatile! I shouldn't have said it wasn't expensive (in one of my posts above); because it is. It's actually horrible value for money, especially when you think about how little gold and labour have gone into this bracelet; and as I said, it doesn't look to a non-VCA consumer like it belongs to the high-end designer category. BUT it's the only bracelet I've come across that sits flush with my Cartier pave Love (even if it does scratch the Love :nono: ) and as I've just discovered, tonight actually, that it pairs beautifully with my other bracelets too. :love: :love: :clap:

To answer your question, I don't think (but of course I don't know for sure) that it'd bend if you fell asleep with it on, unless you hit it very hard against a hard headboard. But I certainly wouldn't have it on 24/7 and run around doing physical things, like the gym or gardening, with it on. Then again, I tend not to wear my other bangles while at the gym either.

This bracelet in yellow gold would be lovely :love: :love: . I love VCA rose and yellow golds, they're so much richer than other brands'. I'd like to ask you a question though: are you planning to wear this on its own? I ask bc to me, it looks rather insubstantial on its own. I have to say however that I tend to like my bracelets stacked (I've had a hard time coming to terms with my bracelets getting scratched) - this is just a look that I personally love, not saying at all that's how it should be worn. I know what you mean about the Love as so many people seem to have it; but imo if you chose to wear one of these bracelets on its own, the Love would be a better candidate...again just my opinion.

I will take pics of the Perlee d'Or in various pairing combinations as well as on its own and share them with you tomorrow (I just got home not too long ago and am a little tired).

Lol at what you said about the skinny Trinity. :lol:

I would love to see all the variations when you have time to post the pics. There are really not any modeling pictures online yet when I google. Maybe still too new?

I currently wear one bracelet 24/7 which is a Tiffany yellow gold bead bracelet. I have other bracelets that I wear here and there but nothing that I want to wear all the time. I am okay with it being subtle / not flashy just don't want it to be cheap or made cheaply if I am making any sense. I know the bracelet cost a pretty penny especially for what it is. The fact that I could get a lovely diamond for the same amount, studs or turn my 5 stone into a 10 stone or or or ...lol But I love my simple gold pieces they are so easy to wear and a bit of LUX without screaming it out. I even like the idea that the Perlee d'OR doesn't scream VCA. When I had the ring I got so many compliments and it was a simple little thing. I consider wear value too. I mean I wear that Tiffany 24/7 which has turned out to be a better buy then my much more expensive ACA that sits in its box. Some people freaked that I purchased all my plain bands and both Trinity rings from Cartier but those things never come off so I am sure I am getting all my dollars worth. I can't be too flashy because of my job (and bank account doesn't allow lol) and I travel a ton. Some pretty frequent international travel too. That is another thing that concerns me about the love bangle. That I can't quickly take it off.

How do you feel about the love cuff? Oh, My SA told me that Cartier is making thinner love bracelets with a hinge for easy on and off. They were suppose to release this year but she said they have been perfecting the hinge mechanism so not until winter or spring next year. I keep waiting to see if I should consider it but its taking forever to come out. I heard about it last year.

If I bought the Perlee d"Or I will most likely wear it with the Tiffany bracelet to start. Then create a stack slowly over time! I love stacking by the way scratches and all. One bracelet always seems so lonely. Doesn't bangle mean they should bang? I think the sound is banging :appl:

oh and do you know if the d'Or is suppose to be a snug fit or a loose fit? In terms of how it is designed...

On topic...I think if you are going to get a second pair of studs it should be AVCs. I am in love with them :love: :love: :love:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
dollyanjuli|1470417758|4062822 said:
Why didn't your friends like the d'or? I think it is lovely but would def look best in a stack, either with other bangles of the same but in different colors or with other kinds of bangles, like what you have. LOL about your comment about how it wasn't that expensive but then realizing it actually is ;-)

So back to another pair of studs now? Are you thinking a different shape or something with a dangle or halo to keep it different from your current? If you are still open to other things, I saw someone on Beverly Hills that had the most AMAZING sapphire cushion studs with a halo. They were truly breathtaking, the most beautiful color. Not sure if you want to explore colored options, but I personally have always found it very chic to be in neutral colors or black or white and have statement color earrings that are clearly $$$. After I get my magic alahambra earrings (one day!) that's next on my list.

Dolly, they think it's too plain and too expensive given the simplicity of the design. I thought that too, initially, as I've tried it before. But I've been looking for another bracelet to pair with my pave Love, as the Love is a little too big and kept sliding up and down my wrist and that drove me a bit bonkers. Plus, the Love is a bit lonely on its own. I thought of going back to Cartier to get a plain Love, but just couldn't bear the thought of having that screwed permanently onto my wrist; and the plain Love - due to its thinness - sits too low next to the pave Love. The Perles d'Or is the only bracelet that sits up high enough to be flush with my pave Love. And it's a true oval, which is what the Love is as well.

So, I'm the only one that love my new bracelet which is perfectly fine, because I'm the wearer. I love it, that's all that matters. Also, I will be pairing it with a multitude of other bracelets; so the dollar cost per wear will be fantastic and make it all worthwhile! :appl:

I haven't made up my mind yet. I've still got a long way to go. But I'm leaning towards larger centre stones, most likely studs or dangles with leverbacks (the third pic DS posted); and am thinking AVCs or LM antique cushions. I love a good sapphire and have been looking out for a pair of richer cornflower blue studs; but it's like a search for the HG!!! I'd not wear sapphire studs daily though, bc I tend to wear a lot of reds and blues would clash with my clothes.

I hope you get the magic alhambra earrings very soooon. What colour gold and stone are you looking at?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hathalove|1470433693|4062900 said:
I would love to see all the variations when you have time to post the pics. There are really not any modeling pictures online yet when I google. Maybe still too new?

I currently wear one bracelet 24/7 which is a Tiffany yellow gold bead bracelet. I have other bracelets that I wear here and there but nothing that I want to wear all the time. I am okay with it being subtle / not flashy just don't want it to be cheap or made cheaply if I am making any sense. I know the bracelet cost a pretty penny especially for what it is. The fact that I could get a lovely diamond for the same amount, studs or turn my 5 stone into a 10 stone or or or ...lol But I love my simple gold pieces they are so easy to wear and a bit of LUX without screaming it out. I even like the idea that the Perlee d'OR doesn't scream VCA. When I had the ring I got so many compliments and it was a simple little thing. I consider wear value too. I mean I wear that Tiffany 24/7 which has turned out to be a better buy then my much more expensive ACA that sits in its box. Some people freaked that I purchased all my plain bands and both Trinity rings from Cartier but those things never come off so I am sure I am getting all my dollars worth. I can't be too flashy because of my job (and bank account doesn't allow lol) and I travel a ton. Some pretty frequent international travel too. That is another thing that concerns me about the love bangle. That I can't quickly take it off.

How do you feel about the love cuff? Oh, My SA told me that Cartier is making thinner love bracelets with a hinge for easy on and off. They were suppose to release this year but she said they have been perfecting the hinge mechanism so not until winter or spring next year. I keep waiting to see if I should consider it but its taking forever to come out. I heard about it last year.

If I bought the Perlee d"Or I will most likely wear it with the Tiffany bracelet to start. Then create a stack slowly over time! I love stacking by the way scratches and all. One bracelet always seems so lonely. Doesn't bangle mean they should bang? I think the sound is banging :appl:

oh and do you know if the d'Or is suppose to be a snug fit or a loose fit? In terms of how it is designed...

On topic...I think if you are going to get a second pair of studs it should be AVCs. I am in love with them :love: :love: :love:

Hathalove, I searched for the Perles d'Or online too, but couldn't find many pics. I'm not sure if the line is old or newer, but I'm guessing the lack of pics = lack of popularity since the bracelet is a little too simple and is not distinctively VCA...just a guess on my part.

I didn't know Tiffany does a similar design. I had to look it up. The two look almost identical, except for the Tiffany tag and the beads on the Tiffany one look a little bigger. This has piqued my interest now. If I have time, I'll pop into Tiffany at some point next week to compare the two. Will let you know how the two compare, if you'd like me too.

Yes, dollar cost per wear...that's very important!! That makes an item all worthwhile !! :appl: LLJsmom, I think, often talks about this and it makes a lot of sense to me.

The Love would be a hassle to wear when travelling, what with all the airport security checks. I did try on the Love cuff and love the concept, but the size 17 is waaaaay too big for me. They recommend that the cuff be one size larger than the regular Love bc it comes a little smaller than the regular Love; but given the size 16 regular Love is already too big for me, there's no way a size 17 anything would be acceptable. The 16 cuff fits beautifully snug on my wrist; but due to the smaller opening, is a bit of a pain to put on and take off - literally painful! It'd be fantastic if the plain or 4-10 diamond Love would come with a hinge like my pave Love, though the thinness may be an issue. The plain Love is already way too thin, and feels and looks a little too flimsy to me.

I'm not sure if the Perles d'Or is supposed to be worn snug or loose. Everything is loose on me, lol. But that VCA Small is smaller than the smallest Love is a big plus for me. I'd love even smaller than VCA Small or 15.5 Cartier for example, but wish it wouldn't cost some 30% premium to go custom, with either of the brands; not to mention the 6-month or so wait.

Hahaha about the bangles banging!! Love that!! :appl: Your plan to wear the Perles d'Or with your other bracelets sounds really fun. I think also you may love the simplicity of the Perles d'Or design, given that's what you're used to and are looking for. I like to think of it as understated elegance.

Yeeeesss!! The AVC's are beautiful :love: :love: :love: . I'm just a bit wary of the cost and also the complexity of going the custom route.

Pics of the Perles d'Or coming up.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pics of the Perles d'Or:

perles_d_or_1.jpg

perles_d_or_2.jpg

perles_d_or_3.jpg

perles_d_or_4.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more pic. This shows the Perles d'Or a little more clearly.

vca_perles_d_or_0.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results