shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find: thin cushion halo setting

Tritan84

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I'm hoping you guys can help me find the perfect e-ring setting.

It's for a cushion cut stone measuring 7.8x6.6mm. I would like a halo, but a very thin one. I do not want the halo taking anything away from the center stone. In fact, I'm going back and forth on whether I truly want a halo. I would also like the band section to be thin...somewhere in the 1.5-1.7mm range with micropave and maybe milgrain edging.

I do like the Victor Canera Emilya setting, but I think I'd like an even thinner halo.

I found this pic floating on the internet. It's very very close to what I'd like. Unfortunately I don't have any information on this ring.\

e-ring_ideas.jpg

Any ideas?

I appreciate your help. -A

e-ring_ideas.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know who the designer is of your inspiration ring. You could contact Victor Canera, Steven Kirsch or ERD to see whether they can make a ring according to your specs.

Are you someone who does everything with her rings on (gardening, sports etc.). In that case the ring shank size you are requesting seems awfully thin! Please ask for good advice about this.

Instead of a halo, perhaps a design like this is something for you (since you are in doubt whether you want a halo). This one is by Victor, but the other designers can make something similar too. I love the Emilya halo as it is very delicate and beautiful.

_13174.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More inspiration pics with delicate rings, including the Emilya. Perhaps you should look at a lot of pictures here on PS and try to figure out whether you are a true halo girl. Are you going to combibe your ring with a band?

_13175.jpg

_13176.jpg

_13177.jpg

_13178.jpg

Tritan84

Rough_Rock
Do you have additional pics of that setting and/or a link to more information?

Tritan84

Rough_Rock
Acinom|1388329443|3582457 said:
I don't know who the designer is of your inspiration ring. You could contact Victor Canera, Steven Kirsch or ERD to see whether they can make a ring according to your specs.

Are you someone who does everything with her rings on (gardening, sports etc.). In that case the ring shank size you are requesting seems awfully thin! Please ask for good advice about this.

Instead of a halo, perhaps a design like this is something for you (since you are in doubt whether you want a halo). This one is by Victor, but the other designers can make something similar too. I love the Emilya halo as it is very delicate and beautiful.

This one I mean. Which one is this?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a halo from Steven Kirsch with 1/2 point melee. It's exactly what you are looking for.

My stone is 5.8 square so with your size stone, the halo will look even smaller than mine in proportion to your larger stone.

Gypsy%20Close%20Up%20Halo.jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tritan84|1388327040|3582443 said:
Hello,

It's for a cushion cut stone measuring 7.8x6.6mm. I would like a halo, but a very thin one. I do not want the halo taking anything away from the center stone. In fact, I'm going back and forth on whether I truly want a halo. I would also like the band section to be thin...somewhere in the 1.5-1.7mm range with micropave and maybe milgrain edging.

I do like the Victor Canera Emilya setting, but I think I'd like an even thinner halo.

I found this pic floating on the internet. It's very very close to what I'd like. Unfortunately I don't have any information on this ring.\

e-ring_ideas.jpg

Any ideas?

Could your inspiration ring be by Tacori? I googled Tacori cushion halo and saw very similar rings to the one you posted.

smilligan

Shiny_Rock
Maisie|1388366098|3582772 said:
Tritan84|1388327040|3582443 said:
Hello,

e-ring_ideas.jpg

Any ideas?

Could your inspiration ring be by Tacori? I googled Tacori cushion halo and saw very similar rings to the one you posted.

I believe you're right about the inspiration ring, Maisie. I just saw this thread in SMTB: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/tacori-2620-large-pave.161078/

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the Tacori that posters above were referring to. To my eye the inspiration ring looks more delicate?

_13214.jpg

smilligan

Shiny_Rock
Acinom|1388389514|3582899 said:
Here is the Tacori that posters above were referring to. To my eye the inspiration ring looks more delicate?

I think it's the lighting/angle differences.

Tritan84

Rough_Rock
That Tacori settings is beautiful. Very very close to what I was picturing. Very delicate halo. Maybe a little thinner on the shank. I'll see if that's something tacori will do.
I'm assuming they'll have this for a cushion center? Because all the pics I see are of a round center in cushion halo.

On a side note, I contacted Victor Canera about a custom setting, but it cane with a hefty price.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It will be good to know what Ritani can do for you. I would assume that they have indeed settings for cushion stones as it is a popular diamond shape. I would send them an email with your questions and requirements.

Victor makes all his settings by hand and they are impaccable! But it indeed comes with a price tag. Did you contact him about the Emilya or the setting above (the Jocelyn)? I have a setting from Victor myself (the Sophia) and I am happy every day that I went that route. It's 100 times better even then I could envision beforehand :love:

Ritani makes great quality settings too I believe and they make delicate settings like you envision. I hope they can do something for you.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Tritan84|1388417390|3583012 said:
That Tacori settings is beautiful. Very very close to what I was picturing. Very delicate halo. Maybe a little thinner on the shank. I'll see if that's something tacori will do.
I'm assuming they'll have this for a cushion center? Because all the pics I see are of a round center in cushion halo.

On a side note, I contacted Victor Canera about a custom setting, but it cane with a hefty price.

Tacori makes each setting to fit the center stone. It can be done with a cushion. My ring is an AVC in the cushion halo (2620).
_1865.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
ERD can do a very delicate halo without the heafty price tag. I would check with them.

As for shank thickness I wouldn't go below 1.8mm unless you have a tiny finger (as in under size 4). Otherwise your shank will bend and go out of round very easily.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tritan84|1388427572|3583102 said:
Any suggestion on the where to get the best price for Tacori?

Tacori pretty much sets its prices, so you won't find that they fluctuate that much (unless a vendor just really marks them up like crazy, which I have seen)... Tacori may not be as expensive as VC, but it will be right up there. I agree that you should contact ERD. Good luck! :))

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SB621|1388428949|3583117 said:
ERD can do a very delicate halo without the heafty price tag. I would check with them.

As for shank thickness I wouldn't go below 1.8mm unless you have a tiny finger (as in under size 4). Otherwise your shank will bend and go out of round very easily.

I agree with SB -- 1.8 is very thin.... 2.0 is a little better daily wear.

Tritan84

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the input so far everyone. Very helpful. I went ahead and emailed Chris at EGD

Tritan84

Rough_Rock
Btw my budget for the setting is <$2500-3000max. Does that put all the designer rings out of reach?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That depends... Are you considering the halo and pave shank or also a design without halo?
In genersl, the pricing at ERD is more budget friendly compared to Steven Kirsch or Victor Canera.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Tritan84|1388430813|3583142 said:
Btw my budget for the setting is <$2500-3000max. Does that put all the designer rings out of reach?

IDK about all designer rings, but for the size center stone you are looking at, I believe the Tacori is $3600 in 18k white gold. I hope you can work something out with ERD, they have done some really great Tacori inspired pieces!

Tritan84

Rough_Rock
I'm completely leaning toward halo with pave shank. I really like the Tacori design. If I can get that one or have it replicated or something very similar, I'd be happy

Tritan84

Rough_Rock
Also, is it me or does the Tacori design have the edges of the center stone very so slightly overlapping the halo? I think that's why I really like it. The halo is there to compliment the center stone, not take anything away from it

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You could also consider 14K white gold. It will save you somewhat compared to a 18K white gold ring.
It's great that you have narrowed it down to the halo with delicate pave.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I can't fine the link but ERD recently did a Taccori inspired setting that was pretty amazing. I would really go with them. They will be within your budget, might be more towards the top with a custom made ring, but it will fit your diamond precisely.

Edit found it! Based off the Taccori 2639

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/our-1-23-ct-platinum-rose-gold-vintage-halo-chris-erd.189639/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/our-1-23-ct-platinum-rose-gold-vintage-halo-chris-erd.189639/[/URL]

mns12

Shiny_Rock
Tritan84|1388431869|3583158 said:
Also, is it me or does the Tacori design have the edges of the center stone very so slightly overlapping the halo? I think that's why I really like it. The halo is there to compliment the center stone, not take anything away from it

Yes, I agree about the overlap. I tried on the 2620 for my MRB 1.5 ct reset several times. Although I'm pretty sure the shank is a little over 2 mm, so thicker then what you are looking for. I almost pulled the trigger on 2620 then found Victor on pricescope. In the end I ended up with the Emilya. That said I love the ERD inspired tacori, esp. with the rose gold combo!

Re: prices for 2620 I was quoted ~4.400 for the round, medium setting in platinum. In white gold or yellow gold the price was $3600. And since it's tacori I was told by a few vendors there is really no wiggle room.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Tritan84|1388431869|3583158 said:

Yeah that is the signature of their "bloom" halo so that the halo kinda sits underneath the center stone and just peeks out ever so slightly. I believe the ERD inspiration posted by SB621 has a more standard halo, but you could ask ERD if they could do a more tucked in halo similar to the original. I agree that it should definitely be on the higher end of your budget as it'll be custom but I don't think it should be over 3000.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results