shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me compose the perfect email to jewlers to get our perfect diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Huh?

ideawizard

Rough_Rock
sorry, it got sent before I wrote the rest! here is what I have so far: Please help me perfect it..

I am looking for an oval 1.5 ct – 1.8 ct quality cut diamond from G or H in color, VS1-SI2 in clarity.  I prefer either a GIA or AGS documented diamond. and absolute best proportions possible for within my budget. Please no high table percentages or deep cut diamonds. Faint fluorescence at most, preferably none, and good length to width ratios. The oval should have A nice pleasing shape with rounded shoulders, built up Crown, moderate amount of bow-tie to provide necessary contrast brilliance and a Length to Width ratio in the range of 1.45 to 1.65. My budget is 5-7K. Please email to:

Any suggestions for making it even more effective?

Thanks!

IZ

TBeck2000

Rough_Rock
I would probably stay away from creating a standard inquiry when you are approaching a vendor. I would call them directly and create a relationship with an associate there. This is how it worked with me when I contacted my vendors. Let them know that you aren''t just fishing for free advice and are very serious about the purchase. They may ask you questions about your gf/fiancee (name, ring size, a little about her), what you are looking to find, and how you would rank different characteristics. They want to know how you will be deciding between different stones so that they can help you in the evaluation (will it be based on quality, size, or price, etc). They are going to be your eyes unless you have them ship all contenders for your review. They will be as helpful as you let them because they know that if they can''t provide you a stone that you love, they aren''t going to be making any $$.

Good luck finding your perfect oval!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2006 1:24:13 PM
Author: TBeck2000
I would probably stay away from creating a standard inquiry when you are approaching a vendor. I would call them directly and create a relationship with an associate there. This is how it worked with me when I contacted my vendors. Let them know that you aren''t just fishing for free advice and are very serious about the purchase. They may ask you questions about your gf/fiancee (name, ring size, a little about her), what you are looking to find, and how you would rank different characteristics. They want to know how you will be deciding between different stones so that they can help you in the evaluation (will it be based on quality, size, or price, etc). They are going to be your eyes unless you have them ship all contenders for your review. They will be as helpful as you let them because they know that if they can''t provide you a stone that you love, they aren''t going to be making any $$.

Good luck finding your perfect oval!
good advice tbeck.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2006 11:46:46 AM
Author: ideawizard
sorry, it got sent before I wrote the rest! here is what I have so far: Please help me perfect it..

I am looking for an oval 1.5 ct – 1.8 ct quality cut diamond from G or H in color, VS1-SI2 in clarity. I prefer either a GIA or AGS documented diamond. and absolute best proportions possible for within my budget. Please no high table percentages or deep cut diamonds. Faint fluorescence at most, preferably none, and good length to width ratios. The oval should have A nice pleasing shape with rounded shoulders, built up Crown, moderate amount of bow-tie to provide necessary contrast brilliance and a Length to Width ratio in the range of 1.45 to 1.65. My budget is 5-7K. Please email to:

Any suggestions for making it even more effective?
Thanks!
IZ

My suggestion, in addition to the above about calling vendors, is that you either change your budget or your size preference, cuz you're not gonna find that size rock in your parameters for that budget!! (Unless you get a 1.5 ct G SI2 or a little bigger H SI2....)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results