shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me choose between these two

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ecarrot

Rough_Rock
Which one of these do you guys think is better?

1)
AGS Report
Shape: Round Brilliant
Measurements: 6.48 - 6.50 x 4.03
Cut: AGS 000
Color: G
Clarity: VS1
Carat: 1.038
Depth%: 62.1
Table%: 55
Crown angle: 34.5
Pavillion angle: 40.8
Girdle: 1.4%-2.2%
Culet: Pointed
Comments:
Fluorescence: Neligible
Additional clouds are not shown.
HCA Score: 1.3
Light Return (Excellent)
Fire (Excellent)
Scintillation (Excellent)
Spread (Very Good)

2)
AGS Report
Shape: Round Brilliant
Measurements: 6.52 - 6.55 x 4.02
Cut: AGS 000
Color: G
Clarity: VS1
Carat: 1.050
Depth%: 61.6
Table%: 57
Crown angle: 34.4
Pavillion angle: 40.9
Girdle: 1.4%-2.1%
Culet: Pointed
Comments:
Fluorescence: Neligible
Pinpoints are not shown.
HCA Score: 1.6
Light Return (Excellent)
Fire (Excellent)
Scintillation (Very Good)
Spread (Very Good)

The price for the two is about the same. Should I be concerned about the "Additional clouds are not shown" comment on the first rock?

Thanks
1.gif

bling

Shiny_Rock
they both look like good stones...the first one is a tad deep, but not bad at all...maybe smidge smaller in diameter for a 1.03. numbers look good for #2. honestly, i think you can go with either...have you considered going down in clarity a bit..maybe a vs2? good luck!

wavey.gif

Magnum

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 5/12/2004 11:13:15 AM ecarrot wrote:

Should I be concerned about the 'Additional clouds are not shown' comment on the first rock?

Thanks
1.gif
----------------

Probably not. It's usually just a secondary type incluson, and being a VS1, the stone should be eye-clean. If you still have doubts, ask the vendor to describe the inclusions on the stone.

As far as which one I'd pick, it's pretty much a coin flip, but just on the numbers I'd probably lean towards number 1. The first stone has a little better table percentage and pavilion angle, while the second one has a slightly larger diameter. can the vendor provide any other additional info, like maybe idealscope and H&A pictures? If not, maybe you can ask the vendor his/her opinion, or have both stones sent to a trusted independent appraiser. best of luck in your search.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results