shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP! I got the diamond, now the setting!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

punch

Rough_Rock
First I wanted to thank everyone on this board. I''ve learned so much over the past few weeks about finding the right diamond. I feel like I made a very educated decision.

I got a princess diamond (I can give you the specs later), and I''m looking for a setting right now. Are there pictures anywhere of settings, or does anyone recommend a really nice setting. I''m looking for something simple and classic, w/ very clean lines. My g''friend does not like gaudy type of stuff, so simple and sophisticated is the way I''ll go.

I checked out Blue Nile, but they never show how the setting looks on the side of the diamond, only from top down. Does anyone have any suggestions on settings or places where I can view settings? Thanks so much. I''m almost done w/ this process! I wish I could present her the ring immediately!

Mikesgirl

Shiny_Rock
When you look at settings on Blue Nile and do the "build your own ring", you can click on the zoom button after you have indicated a stone and a setting and it will show you a top down and side view of the setting. It will also show you the stone of the size chosen in that setting. Not to push Blue Nile, there are lots of great settings out there, but for a simple setting, and to see how your stone might look, it is a great search engine.

For simple, I like their cathedral setting (http://www.bluenile.com/product_details.asp?oid=335&catid=7&filter_id=1&nav1=design.asp&page=1&col=3&row=1&pos=3&set_shape=PR) and their contour solitaire setting (http://www.bluenile.com/product_details.asp?oid=355&catid=7&filter_id=1&nav1=design.asp&page=1&col=2&row=2&pos=5&set_shape=PR). Both are simple, but protect the stone from bangs and bumps.

Good luck!

punch

Rough_Rock
Thanks mikesgirl. For some reason, I didn't see the side cut before. I really like the cathedral one as well.

Also, I went to D. Vatche and looked at some of the settings. I really like the one w/ the cross, similar to the Tiffany Lucida.

MsSkiBunny

Rough_Rock
I'm having the same problem punch! I'm looking for a setting for my princess cut as well. I think I'm going to go with a plain band (no diamonds on it at all). Just gotta find the one now!
21.gif

punch

Rough_Rock
Hey msskibunny, i like the lucida setting from tiffanys. from what i've seen, it works very well w/ a princess cut. go to www.dvatche.com and check out the x-setting. it looks a lot like the tiffany's setting.

MsSkiBunny

Rough_Rock
Hey punch...I really like that setting. I've seen it before on the Tiffany site. Very elegant and not so "gaudy" like. I want to show off my solitaire not crowd it with other diamonds all around it. My fiance just gave me a plain skinny little band so I'm trying to find a setting now along with a wedding band! LOL Too many choices! driving me crazy.
loopy.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I don't think you could go wrong with the Vatche x-prong. It's a very classic, sleek setting.

Rook

Shiny_Rock
If you really want a great setting, go with Mark Morrell. I had him make a platinum band for my fiance's e-ring and he made the corresponding wedding band. Now he is working on my band.

Absolutely perfect and flawless workmanship, although more expensive than your prefab rings. I gave him an idea of what I wanted and the result was ten times better than anything I could have ever imagined.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results