shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP!! How do I choose?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lookingood35

Shiny_Rock
My aniversary is coming up
emgift.gif
. I have two weeks to give my husband the specs on a new e-ring
He has asked the Jewelers to find me a pear cut and an emerald cut to choose from.

When he called the first time he asked him to find around 5ct in each.
Just today he told the jeweler to also look for around 8ct in each cut. (This will be my last e-ring)

My problem is I do not know about settings. I have always loved the three stone H. Winston style.
But recently saw some great micro-pave settings with large center stones.

I need your suggestions, please post photos you may have. Now the time is here and I am blank on ideas.

Note: always thought I would get a pear center (set high) with bags.
I saw the new Mrs. Trumps Emerald e-ring and kind of changed my mind?
emotion-20.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
lookingood, have you tried on the various shapes in the sizes you are considering? I have found that is really the best way to decide what you like on your finger and what you want to see when you look down. there are been certain styles and settings I have loved that i saw on-line but when i went to try them on in person, they didn''t look nearly as good as I hoped.

lookingood35

Shiny_Rock
I have not tried the shapes in these sizes, he stated would take him a few weeks to have stones in. He has a lot of work now. My husband is one of those you shoud already know what you want people.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a thread with a gorgeous emerald ring that belongs to diamondfan who is a member here.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pictures-of-my-emerald-cut-finally.44004/=

I would also encourage you to consider Leon Mege for the setting if you are interested in pave:

http://www.artofplatinum.com/

Another, Maytal Hoftman:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/maytal-hoftman-custom-settings.48680/=

I don''t envy you having to make a rapid decision, although a deadline might help me make one!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/12/2006 5:03:38 PM
Author: lookingood35
I have not tried the shapes in these sizes, he stated would take him a few weeks to have stones in. He has a lot of work now. My husband is one of those you shoud already know what you want people.

doo you live in an area where you could go to a different jeweler to to see the stones in the size you''re considering? I just really thinks it''s hard to know what you''ll like until you do...

i agree with DS....Leon would do fabulous job on any pave setting.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/12/2006 11:07:30 PM
Author: mrssalvo

....Leon would do fabulous job on any pave setting.
....or on a HW three stone style!!!!

I''m personally partial to simpler more classic mountings for honkers....pave just seems like overkill to me....

Just one teensy opinion, of course...
1.gif

widget

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/12/2006 11:33:49 PM
Author: widget

Date: 8/12/2006 11:07:30 PM
Author: mrssalvo

....Leon would do fabulous job on any pave setting.
....or on a HW three stone style!!!!

I'm personally partial to simpler more classic mountings for honkers....pave just seems like overkill to me....

Just one teensy opinion, of course...
1.gif

widget
i agree, and if this is truly your 'last one' i wouldn't get something trendy like pave.

just another teensy opinion.
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/12/2006 11:50:33 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I''d just take Diamondfan''s if I could choose a great EC ring!
30.gif
Yep Diamondfan''s is as classic, elegant and stunning as it gets! Also it is a look that will still be all of those things many years from now, you can''t go wrong with that
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/12/2006 11:50:33 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I''d just take Diamondfan''s if I could choose a great EC ring!
30.gif
Hmmmm.....Didiamond''s 5ct EC with traps wouldn''t be too shabby either!!!
1.gif

widget

836dddecl.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is her ring an asscher or a square emerald? It is stunning...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with Mrs.S in that you should really try and see these in person on your finger.

I also agree with others that for a honker, simpler setting is my preference too.

Lastly, the thing is, you are talking about two entiely different cuts. IMHO, you need to decide first if you want the classy, understated look of an EC, or the more eye catching, sparklier look of the pear. Both are lovely, but really different.

I''d suggest you pick the stone, then zero in on a setting.

And may I say how LUCKY you are to have a husband with such a generous budget.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results