shape
carat
color
clarity

Help from Singapore on a 2.5ct

Shizzle33

Rough_Rock
Hi guys, I need an opinion on a diamond we have seen in Singapore. I understand it's not perfect, however we are trying to comprise to fit my girls wish for a 2.5ct within budget.

HRDA:
Round Brilliant, 2.5ct, H, SI2 (eye clean)
Cut: proportions very good, polish excellent, symmetry excellent

Measurements 8.52-8.55mm x 5.43mm
Girdle medium 4.5% faceted
Culet pointed
Total depth 63.7%
Table width 58%
Crown height 16.0% (37.2 deg)
Pavilion depth 43.0% (40.8 deg)
Length halves crown 50%
Length halves pavilion 75%

31350 SGD (24580 USD) including white gold setting.

Colour clarity we are not as fussy about. She wants a large sparkly diamond. So would prefer excellent x 3 but don't think it would be possible around this cost and size.

Would really appreciate some insight!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately, because of the depth of this stone it doesn't face us as large as a 2.5 carat stone should. It weighs 2.5 carats but you are being short changed in diameter width. The angles on the stone aren't complimentary either; the crown angle is very large.

I understand your budget constraint, however, a poorly cut 2.5 stone is not much good if it is smaller in diameter and doesn't give you the sparkle factor you are looking for. I think either size or budget has to be reworked here. A 2 carat stone would be much more desirable in a well cut make. I'd keep looking.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
An ideal spread would be 8.8mm. I know the girdle is a bit wide and the crown makes it a steep deep, but does it sparkle to your liking in different lights, do you see colored light and white light. At that price as you said something has to go. It is still a lot
bigger than a 2 carat.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results