shape
carat
color
clarity

Help from anyone who has had Victor Canera make a setting

JoeyL23

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone thanks for reading this thread. I just purchased a diamond and Victor is going to make a setting for me. I am going to send the diamond to Victor USPS registered mail with insureance. I have emailed Victor back and forth and also from his feedback on here I trust him but do I need insurance while he has the ring for 5-8 weeks? I have read a bunch of threads about people using JM to insure there loose stones. I wanted to check if anyone sent Victor there stone and what they did. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Help from anyone who has had Victor Canera make a settin

Hi

Victor made my beautiful setting ( as featured in my avatar :praise: )

You need to get your own insurance. This is true pretty much of every vendor unless you bought the diamond direct from them.

Can't wait to see what you get!!!

:wavey:

JoeyL23

Rough_Rock

Thanks for the help! Ok so from my understanding I should now bring the diamond and Victor's invoice to an appraiser and get the appraisal and then contact Jeweler's Mutual. Once I contact JM to set up the policy and get it insured I can ship the diamond off to Victor and I'm covered? Sorry for so many questions. This is my first large jewelry purchase for my girlfriend.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

Just wondering why you'd bring Victor's invoice to an appraiser? You would just need to insure your loose diamond while it's with Victor.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock

JoeyL23|1341152868|3226888 said:
Ok so from my understanding I should now bring the diamond and Victor's invoice to an appraiser and get the appraisal and then contact Jeweler's Mutual. Once I contact JM to set up the policy and get it insured I can ship the diamond off to Victor and I'm covered?

No, you don't need Victor's invoice at the appraiser, though you might need it when you get the completed ring re-appraised. You need to have the loose stone insured while it's being set, and then after you get the ring, you'll need to have the completed piece appraised to get the ring insured. I think you are thinking that the insurance you get now will cover the completed ring--not so.

JoeyL23

Rough_Rock

Thanks for clarifying the process! I just emailed an appraiser in my area and he suggested the same thing appraisal before and after. The only thing that confused me a little he said get the loose diamond appraised and he will ship it to Victor USPS but he said in his opinion loose diamond insurance isn't needed but could be purchased for peace of mind. I am just a little nervouse because Victor said his turn around time was 5-8 weeks. Thanks again for everyone's help thus far!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results