shape
carat
color
clarity

Help finding the best possible stone

pinta1jr

Rough_Rock
I''m looking for some help in finding the best possible deal on a loose stone. I''ve spoken with many brick and mortar stores but ultimately I feel I will get the best deal online. My concern of course is not being able to see it, but I still think the benefit outweighs the risk and if I find a reputable store I feel I can minimize any risk.

Where I need help though is with suggestions on where to look. I know there are lots of vendors listed on here but what are some of the best ones? Solomon Brothers has what appears to be some good prices on some stones, but I haven''t found as many reviews as some of the other vendors. Any suggestions?

I also am wondering on opinions on the importance of getting pictures of the Ideal Scope and/or Aset prior to purchasing a loose diamond online. I love that White Flash offers these on some of their diamonds, however I do feel they''re at a premium price compared to some other sites with similiary certified diamond qualities. I think the IS helps a lot because the certificates are just that, but not all sites offer IS. Furthermore I''ve heard some say that the IS images can''t necessarily be trusted (any truth to this?).

Any help in general on where to look and what specifically to look for would be greatly appreciated. I feel I have a solid understanding of the 4 C''s and other factors but still need some guidance before making a purchase. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Justin

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Whiteflash, Brian Gavin, Good Old Gold are my faves.

You can also get great deals at James Allen and ID Jewelry, but tell them you are a PS member, and look carefully at the stones.

I would defintely request an Asset and Idealscope image before purchasing, as well as checking all the angles. The search function is broken, but if noone has posted it by tonight I''ll post the "cheat cheet" on those.

Good luck!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results