shape
carat
color
clarity

Help finding a 1.5-2 carat pear

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
My father's friend asked me to help him select a diamond for his future fiancee.

She wants a pear and I know absolutely nothing about how to choose a nice pear. She'd like it to be 1.5-2 carats, not too fat and not too skinny, G-K color (though I don't know if she really knows what K color looks like in real life), any clarity as long as eye-clean. He wants to spend $7k but I think he's willing to go up for a great stone.

I found these 2 so far but really have no idea if they're good- just basing my decision on the pics:

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/I-VS2-Very-Good-Cut-Pear-Diamond-1451179.asp

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/I-VS2-Very-Good-Cut-Pear-Diamond-1185508.asp

Any thoughts or other options?

Thanks! :) :wavey:

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
I am by no means an expert on pears, but my question would be: does she prefer narrower or chubbier pears? I really prefer chubby pears, so the second one you posted appeals to me a LOT more than the first. If there's no way to know this, I think I'd ask the vendor for ASET images and make sure the bowtie(s) aren't too distracting in whatever stones you are comparing.

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
rubybeth|1347892431|3269589 said:
I am by no means an expert on pears, but my question would be: does she prefer narrower or chubbier pears? I really prefer chubby pears, so the second one you posted appeals to me a LOT more than the first. If there's no way to know this, I think I'd ask the vendor for ASET images and make sure the bowtie(s) aren't too distracting in whatever stones you are comparing.
Thanks! She wants a pear that's not too "fat" or too "skinny". Sooooo.... I guess she likes the in-between shape. I like the fat ones too.

I emailed IDJ and ERD since I've worked with them both before and had a great experience and trust their eyes. I want to find a vendor who has in-house stones. I don't want to go through the hassle of calling in stones when it's for someone else-- too much work and expense in shipping, if I can find one in-house. I think I'll hold off on those JA stones until I hear back from the 2 vendors I emailed.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results