shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP COLOUR VS CLARITY

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mike2

Rough_Rock
I ve been looking at loose stones today....between 2.8 and 3.0 ct range.
Because budget and size are a consideration, I have two choices:

H SI1
I VS2

wavey.gif

aislingmaire

Rough_Rock
Well there shouldn't be much difference in appearance between the VS2 and the SI1; both should be eye clean! You might be able to see the difference in H and the I color diamond, but I seriously doubt it! However if one of these diamonds has medium or stronger flourescence than it will appear much whiter, possibly 2-3 color grades. So if the I has flour. go with it and keep the clarity otherwise go with the one that has the best cut! I notice you didn't specify the shape but the proportions of the diamond will affect the beauty of the diamond more than any other factor! For example a J SI2 ideal cut will look much better than and ordinary cut D FL round. Of course I'm sure you already know this.
Jackie S

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
My 2 cents. You should see those diamonds to be sure that they are eye-clean to your satisfaction...they are large stones. Some people are bothered by inclusions that can be seen from the side. Also, consider what kind of inclusions are in those stones and where the inclusions are. Definitely evaluate the cut.

newenglandgemlab

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

Tough to answer that without really comparing them side by side and noting all the proportions and characteristics. Any reports with the stones? I would definitely want to examine them under a scope. Some SI-1's look better than others....I like the idea of a VS stone and the difference between H and I would be tough to see in a setting and on the hand. Given similar cutting, I would vote for the VS any day! Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results