shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Choosing Non-Matching Wedding Band! Photos please!

teebeeee

Rough_Rock
I'm recently engaged (October) and am so in love with my e-ring, yet can't figure out what I want for a wedding band. My boyfriend surprised me with a Victor Canera solitaire ring, which I know we can get a "matching" band for, but I want something a bit different. I've even considered rose gold with pave band. I was also looking at the Steven Kirsch pinched eternity band, which I'll try to attach a link for below. I'd love to see other peoples' solitaire e-rings with non matching bands/non matching metals!! Please post photos. I'm torn as to whether I will get sick of a non matching band eventually and wish we had just gone with the flush fitting matching band, or vice versa. Can anyone offer some insight? I just really want my ring(s) to be a little different, instead of the usual that I see on all my friends' hands.

Would this Steven Kirsch band even look good with my e-ring? http://www.stevenkirsch.com/engagement/bands/r0408.html

I have also considered this ring (obviously without the solitaire in it). http://www.victorcanera.com/jewelry/engagement-rings/braided-shank-pave-solitaire

I also thought about black gold and rose gold. I cannot decide.... please help, and please upload photos of your non matching set!

Oh and, diamond specs:

GIA 2.13 H SI1 Excellent
HCA score: 1.9

_24680.jpg

img_6197.jpg

img_6238.jpg

img_6144.jpg

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! IMHO, just by virtue of having a VK engagement ring, you already have an original (unless all your friends have VC/SK/LM rings).

I do love the SK pinched eternity - here's a thread that shows it with Charmypoo's LM pave split-shank ER https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/decision-time-s-kirsch-rings-calling-charmypoo.181713/.

I also think your ER would look wonderful with one of VC's platinum engraved bands; or a very slender pair of rose gold engraved bands, one on each side of your ER, perhaps using the V-shape of the SK pinched eternity.

With the pave on the donut of your ring, you will have to be careful with your band choice. I

Really hard to say whether you will tire of your wedding set, regardless of your choice.. but potentially there are anniversary bands in your future that will help you mix it all up and keep it fresh.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I must say your VC ER is beautiful! You will need a spacer due to the pave on the donut. Have you considered one of his engraved bands as another alternative?

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations -- your ring is GORGEOUS!! I'm like you in that I don't care for "matchy-matchy" bands. Since your ering is very classic, you can really go with just about anything (with a teeny tiny 1mm spacer to protect the pave in the donut). Here are some of my favorite styles (of course you can have them made with all diamonds or whatever you'd like):

https://www.etsy.com/listing/187636407/sale-bezel-set-1ct-eastwest-marquise?ref=shop_home_active_9 (Niel had this in all diamonds and it was :love: !)

https://www.etsy.com/listing/207195639/baguette-and-round-diamond-platinum?ref=listing-shop-header-0 (diamondseeker has this with sapphires, and it is lovely)

https://www.etsy.com/listing/207194551/french-cut-diamond-platinum-stacker-band?ref=listing-shop-header-1

I will try to find a photo of Niel's MQ band, bc it is devine!

teebeeee

Rough_Rock
marymm - Thank you for posting the link the the thread with the SK pinched band - this is SO helpful to see it in real photos to get a better idea of what it would look like. And you're right, none of my friends have a VC/SK/LM ring - I feel privileged to even know about those 3 designers, as their work looks amazing to me!

marymm, m-2-b, msop04 - As for the engraved bands you are all talking about, is this what you mean? http://www.icecarats.com/14k-rose-g...-ring-with-milgrain-edge-size-900-770746.aspx Obviously it would need to be more suited to my ER but is that what you are all getting at?

msop04 - those are all beautiful! I'm eager to see what else you come up with!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I much prefer VC's Platinum engraved band - http://www.victorcanera.com/jewelry/bands/platinum-eternity-band-with-hand-engraving - it is not as squared-off as the icecarats version you linked to - and I'd ask for a mm width that would match/slightly smaller than the width of your ER.

If you were to go with a single rose gold engraved band, I'd probably go with a width 0.3-0.4mm slimmer than your ER.

And if you were to get a pair of rose gold bands, I'd go with 1.6mm maybe.

And I wouldn't get milgrain edges on the band, unless I'd tried on a similar band with milgrain and liked it with the ER.

teebeeee

Rough_Rock
So pretty!!! I wish i was proficient with photoshop then I could just paste it onto a photo with mine and see how it would look.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
teebeeee|1417214003|3792005 said:
marymm - Thank you for posting the link the the thread with the SK pinched band - this is SO helpful to see it in real photos to get a better idea of what it would look like. And you're right, none of my friends have a VC/SK/LM ring - I feel privileged to even know about those 3 designers, as their work looks amazing to me!

marymm, m-2-b, msop04 - As for the engraved bands you are all talking about, is this what you mean? http://www.icecarats.com/14k-rose-g...-ring-with-milgrain-edge-size-900-770746.aspx Obviously it would need to be more suited to my ER but is that what you are all getting at?

msop04 - those are all beautiful! I'm eager to see what else you come up with!

...I love interesting look of alternating shapes, too. These are mine so you can maybe see what I mean (sorry for the crappy iphone photos ::) ).
2nd_polish.png
sapphire_diamond_deco_band_1.jpg
pharmacy.jpg

Here is the all diamond version of mine:
bezel_diamond.jpg

Another style...
bezel_scalloped.jpg

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondrnglover|1417212540|3791904 said:
I love the twisted band, it is very pretty, you engagment ring is stunning :love:
+1. I have the VC Evelyn and I would love to have one of his bands. I have a different band and while it was custom the workmanship is just not the same.

sweet_blossom

Shiny_Rock
teebeeee, Congrats on your engagement! Your ring is gorgeous.

I don't think you could go wrong with those wedding band choices.

Personally, I like the twisted band or rose gold pave band. For days you want to wear the wedding band on its own, it would be a beautiful choice.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would ask Victor what he would suggest that's "different" but similar. I like the "braided" look, as long as the two pieces are the same width as your shank before twisting. But I am a matchy girl so some element for me would "have" to match.

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations your ring is beautiful! I like the idea of the twisty band!

teebeeee

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone for the replies! Another question I have is that a local jewellery store staff member (not sure if it was just a clerk or an actual jeweller/gemologist) said that a rose gold band would reflect through the solitaire diamond on my ER. Is this true?

SnowWhiteRun

Rough_Rock
Can you tell me which setting this is?!?!?! Please! I looked on his site and can't find it.
I've loved the look of the VC Emilya forever but am now wanting a more traditional solitare setting - and your basket is DEVINE!!!!

Help!
Thanks ;-)

SnowWhiteRun

Rough_Rock
And, if you don't mind, what is your ring size? I just showed soon-to-be fi and he said "that looks just like your hand"! (I have the exact same nail polish on too!)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring! :love: I personally would stick to the same metal for my wband (no right or wrong here, just personal preference) - you could always add another stacker in a different metal down the road, maybe for an anniversary present. And I don't think I would do milgrain with your ering - I really love the braided ring, I think it's perfect if you're looking for something just a bit different but still complementary to your ering. The only thing is the braided part might be higher than your ering and extend past it, your ering band is fairly low on your finger. I'm really bad at visualizing things though, you could just check with VC. Good luck with your decision!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have a stunning ring! Is it the Alaria with flush stems?
Your VC ring will be a perfect non matchy match with a slightly smaller engraved band. His engraving is top notch.

teebeeee

Rough_Rock
Snowwhiterun & Acinom - it is simply called the "Four Prong Solitaire" on the VC site.

Snowwhiterun - the ring is sized 6.25, but my finger size is actually a 6 according to jewellers, but I like my rings with a little wiggle room -- SO glad to have the tiny bit of extra room because I wear my ring ALL the time except to shower and apply lotion - though I worry there won't be enough room if/when I was pregnant. The pave on the shank actually isn't supposed to extend as far as it does (for the "standard" ring VC makes), but my boyfriend asked for 7/8 pave on the shank. I kind of wish the pave was more like 95%, but then there wouldn't be a spot for the birthstones on the inside of the band.

Junebug17 - What do you mean the wedding band could be higher and extend past the E-ring (if I got the braided band)?

And again, can anyone tell me if I did get rose gold, would the rose color reflect through the centre stone and make it look pink?

teebeeee

Rough_Rock
Oh and another question, has anyone ever seen a pave done in asscher stones instead of rounds? Is this a ridiculous thing to even ask? If so, can someone post a photo?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I'll be thoroughly boring and suggest a plain rounded band of the same "depth"/"height off the finger" as your pave shank - I can't speak for June but I think this is what she meant?

Plain bands are awesome :bigsmile: they look great with everything, they're all-weather and all-purpose - they need never be removed, they're durable, they're zero-maintenance, they're easy to size, and IMO they're the classic expression of "married" ::)

Would you consider getting two wedding bands - a plain one and something fancier? For the other I love the idea of an engraved band - VC's engraving is the best I've ever seen: precise and detailed, and the engraving shimmers and glistens beautifully on the finger :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
teebeeee|1417454224|3793299 said:
And again, can anyone tell me if I did get rose gold, would the rose color reflect through the centre stone and make it look pink?

No worries - technically it's probably possible but realistically (ie. visually IRL) your stone will look the same regardless of what's next to it! Reflection w/ colourless stones in non-white prongs is a bigger concern, but that's not the case here.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I have an Emilya that I wear with a 1.5mm plain band at the moment. I'm also going through a similar dilemma- matching band or something else. His work is stellar but I feel like the matching ring would be too matchy-matchy and almost like too much pave everywhere.

You've got an amazingly beautiful ring!

_24783.jpg

_24784.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results