shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! A little concerned about my ACA

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock

This thread has me a little concerned about the ACA my boyfriend recently purchased. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/several-questions-for-garry-and-other-cut-experts.32914/

Here are the specs:

Price: $7,680.00
Report: AGS
Shape: A Cut Above H&A
Carat: 1.278
Color: E
Clarity: SI2
Depth: 60.3
Table: 55
Crown Angle: 34.8
Crown %: 15.5
Pavilion Angle: 40.6
Pavilion %: 42.7
Girdle: Thin to Medium-Faceted
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: Medium Blue
Measurements: 7.05-7.08X4.26

I had posted a couple of times- the first to get everyone''s overall opinion on the stone: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/please-post-your-thoughts-on-this-aca.30384/ Nobody mentioned that we should be concerned about the 40.6 pavilion angle! Now I am scared! Should we keep looking, and use Whiteflash''s trade up policy?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Look at it under florescent lighting if your happy with how it looks then dont worry about it.
If it was 34.9 or 40.5 it would be more of an issue.
So its not far enough out to be a huge issue.
Also the numbers you gave are averages.
The differnces are subtle its a matter of being as picky about indirect light as direct light.
The ACA''s minor facets are cut in such a way that it makes up for some of it also.

So today i would comment on it BUT I wont tell you its a dog because its not.
In indirect light there would be subtle difference between it and a diamond with different angles.

Bottom line if you love it dont worry and live happily ever after :}

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
nobody mentioned being concerned about the 40.6 pavilion angle because it''s nothing to be concerned about
2.gif
you have a diamond that is cut better than 97% of the diamonds on the market and is going to outperform most every other diamond you will ever encounter. stop worrying and enjoy your beautiful diamond.
2.gif

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with Belle, it is easy to get caught up with the numbers after spending too much time on Pscope...believe me I know! But in the end, you have to go back to the basics and trusting your eyes and your judgement! I seriously doubt you would have any problems with an ACA, enjoy it!!! and congrats on a wonderful purchase!

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
1.gif
Hey, just out of curiosity, I checked the sarin info. for your stone....and the sarin info says that the pav. average is 40.8 (40.7-40.9).....the AGS cert says 40.6....but that happens sometimes!!! Don''t know which measurement is more accurate....but it is truly splitting hairs!!!
it looks like a beautiful stone!!
1.gif

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2005 3:50:51 PM
Author: LadyluvsLuxury

I agree with Belle, it is easy to get caught up with the numbers after spending too much time on Pscope...believe me I know! But in the end, you have to go back to the basics and trusting your eyes and your judgement!

Wise words. Even experts committed to numbers will attest to this. Every system (Sarin, HCA, IS, DC, etc) has its limitations. Hair splitting predictions fall away next to assessment of the actual diamond.

In the case of ACA I can assure you that no numbers, even when completely accurate (rare) will ever take precedence over Brian Gavin's eyes. Your diamond is a winner in every way or else Brian would never have put his signature on it. Those are his 'babies' and he is careful that every one reinforces the integrity of the brand.

Thanks to those who replied for keeping it 'real.'

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto to those that say don''t worry. It''s all about preference when you start splitting these tiny hairs. Some people may like a slightly more shallow stone and other''s may not. Bottom line is if the numbers are good and your eye likes it, then that is all that matters. To me it''s a combo of the both.

I think Dem''s new stone is a 40.6 and a few people said to be more cautious with it as it may not be AS GREAT but the pictures she posted are knockouts and she said in person the thing is a fireball and amazing.

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much to everyone for calming my fears! My boyfriend and I LOVE the way this stone performs, but we never really had the chance to compare it to one with a pavilion angle in the 40.7 - 40.8 range. We were only able to find one store in our area carries h&a''s, but every stone they showed us had a pavilion angle of 41.0 or above! I''m going to take everyone''s advice, and trust my (and my boyfriend''s) eyes!

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/29/2005 5:14:19 PM
Author: Maxine
1.gif
Hey, just out of curiosity, I checked the sarin info. for your stone....and the sarin info says that the pav. average is 40.8 (40.7-40.9).....the AGS cert says 40.6....but that happens sometimes!!! Don''t know which measurement is more accurate....but it is truly splitting hairs!!!
it looks like a beautiful stone!!
1.gif
I had noticed the same thing. I thought it was odd that the pavilion angle listed on the AGS cert (40.6) wasn''t even in the range listed on the sarin (40.7 - 40.9). I know that there are variances between sarin machines though, and attribute it to that. Who knows which is correct. From the research that I have done here on Pricescope though, it seems the general consensus is that the specs on the AGS cert are the most accurate.

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/29/2005 12:30:38 PM
Author: belle
nobody mentioned being concerned about the 40.6 pavilion angle because it''s nothing to be concerned about
2.gif
you have a diamond that is cut better than 97% of the diamonds on the market and is going to outperform most every other diamond you will ever encounter. stop worrying and enjoy your beautiful diamond.
2.gif

I''m going to take your advice Belle, and stop worrying and enjoy my beautiful diamond (which is basically what everyone is telling me to do)! I can''t wait until it''s on my finger (not sure when that will be)! Thanks again for the help/reassurance everybody! You guys are great!
1.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
kerbear, you are going to absolutely love it. i''m so excited for you....i hope it''s soon!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results