shape
carat
color
clarity

Help: 1.04ct FL fancy intense pink diamond, or 12ct radiant f color vvs diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Arax

Rough_Rock
I''m new to Pricescope. I have to make a choice for either one of these.
Which one is more valuable, and would anyone know the value for either one of these?

12.07ct Radiant cut VVS clarity D-F color. All natural not enhanced in any way.

OR

1.04 GIA certified fancy intense pink, flawless.

The prices aren''t set yet, however I''m thinking the fancy pink is being sold at a lower price. I would think it''s worth more even though it''s just a carat?

Any idea how much these are worth? The 12ct is probably too big for me, and the 1 ct is premium quality. I just would like to know any ideas?

I would appreciate any type of feedback. Thank you!

hellolover

Rough_Rock
Aren''t pinks really rare and about to run out?

Id get the pink one OR get a smaller white one. 12cts is a big stone.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Did you "pass" on the 7 ct. EC, and fancy pink/yellow diamond ring in your past threads?

Who certed the 12ct. diamond you are now conisdering and what are the specs? What shape is the fancy pink and what are the specs?

cheers--Sharon

Arax

Rough_Rock
Wow, thanks for the prompt response everyone.
Actually the 7ct turned out to be fraud, so I didn''t go through with it.

As for the 12ct, an independant GIA appraisor appraised it.

Would anyone know the prices for them?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Not enough info.

For a 12ct. stone you might have to check Sotheby''s or other Estate jewellers for ballparks/estimates. Colored stones--as recommended on past--Diamond by Lauren is website with stones/rings listed. Not sure you''ll find "exactly" what you are looking for.

cheers--Sharon

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
post the lab reports.

DIShayley

Rough_Rock
PINK PINK PINK!!

I would LOOOVE to have a pink diamond, but definitely not in our price range right now.

I would choose the 1ct pink over the 12ct anyday!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I''ve always wanted to have a natural fancy-colored diamond, so I''d take the pink. I can''t answer your question about relative value, but I definitely prefer something I can wear (1 ct pink) over something that''s so huge it would be a risk to take it out in public (12 ct radiant).

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another vote here for the pink. I can''t wait for pics.

Adylon

Shiny_Rock
That''s quite a choice. I guess the plus with the pink is she could probably wear it out more often since only you 2 and close friends will know what it really is/worth (most average people would assume it to be colored gem). With a 12ct rock it''s kind of hard not to notice. Maybe look at it in that perspective and see if that alters your thought process.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2008 11:56:26 PM
Author: Yosef
That''s quite a choice. I guess the plus with the pink is she could probably wear it out more often since only you 2 and close friends will know what it really is/worth (most average people would assume it to be colored gem). With a 12ct rock it''s kind of hard not to notice. Maybe look at it in that perspective and see if that alters your thought process.
Yosef,
You''re in the business, you need to disclose that in your tag line...

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
12 ct radiant, hands down. You can always get a morganite later if you like the look of a pink diamond, but you will get a lot more compliments and oohing & aahing over a huge, 12 ct diamond.

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
As much as I looove big rocks, you can''t beat pink.
2.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Can you post the specs for the pink? I'd say a 1.04ct certified fancy intense pink may be more valuable than the 12ct radiant. It depends on the pink, though, and the actual specs of the radiant. What is it's clarity? I know color is more important for a pink, but if it's got good clarity as well, the value shoots up. Fancy intense and vivid pinks of good size and quality are rare. If you like pink--go pink! Recently, a 1.04 Fancy Int. Purplish Pink of VS2 clarity went for 74,778.00, but that was a purplish pink which is different from a fancy intense pink. Where's Garry? He can tell you about pinks!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/2/2008 8:44:47 PM
Author: Arax
Wow, thanks for the prompt response everyone.

Actually the 7ct turned out to be fraud, so I didn't go through with it.

As for the 12ct, an independant GIA appraisor appraised it.

Would anyone know the prices for them?

GIA is a lab. The appraiser may be a GIA graduate gemologist, but you would need to see the actual lab report, so you can ascertain its graded clarity, color, etc.

There are big price jumps between D and E. You need to know if it's a D, E, or F, and if it's VVs1 or VVs2. D-F and VVs is not enough information to assess value. Hope this helps! Good luck!

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Of the two, I''d choose the 12ct stone, hands down! Although I''m not a Radiant fan.

A.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry to say this, but I wouldn''t chose either of those. Pink is one of my favorite colors, but it seems too "cute" for an eng. ring. . .and I cannot even imagine how much you''d be spending to make such a small impact if it is comparable in price to a 12 ct. stone! The other diamond WILL make that impact, however it is flat out too big. A diamond that size is going to be uncomfortable and awkward!

If you have an incredible budget, why not get a great 5 ct ring, a pair of stud earrings, AND a pendant and propose with all those together???
9.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/4/2008 9:46:09 PM
Author: MC
Sorry to say this, but I wouldn''t chose either of those. Pink is one of my favorite colors, but it seems too ''cute'' for an eng. ring. . .and I cannot even imagine how much you''d be spending to make such a small impact if it is comparable in price to a 12 ct. stone! The other diamond WILL make that impact, however it is flat out too big. A diamond that size is going to be uncomfortable and awkward!

If you have an incredible budget, why not get a great 5 ct ring, a pair of stud earrings, AND a pendant and propose with all those together???
9.gif
I absolutely second MC in everything they have said. Pink not my taste for an ering, and 12ct waaay too impractical.
I would also be interested to know where these are being sold from ?

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
Pink is a very feminine girl-ey color. And wearing a 12 carat diamond, unless she has size 12 man fingers, will be way too big. And where could she wear it without a bodyguard to keep her hand from being chopped off? And of course, many people seeing that size in colorless VVS clarity would automatically assume it was a fake. I wouldn''t choose either of those. Why not go with something more understated and refined, and use the rest of your budget (if you feel the need to spend it all) on other jewelry, a vacation, your home, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results