shape
carat
color
clarity

Hello there. I would like to know if I made a good purchase

anotherrandomguy

Rough_Rock
I just recently bought a loose diamond and setting from Jared. I would just like to ask someone who knows more than me (which is basically nothing) what their opinion is. Now, before I list everything, it does look amazing. It is an engagement ring, which is a solitaire 14 Karat white gold. Now, onto the diamond part.

.53 Carat
Color - F
VS2

There isn't florescence, and it is a Leo cut. (I read people either like them or hate them, but this one looks to be well cut as she sparkles a lot. More than any of the other ones I had looked at).

The diamond itself was $2000, but I used a $100 off email I had gotten.

The setting was $389, again with $100 off.

Please let me know if I did at least decent with it. I know it looks better than anything else I had looked at in the stores I had been.

Thank you very much.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Hello there. I would like to know if I made a good purch

Picture??

anotherrandomguy

Rough_Rock

I tried to take one the other day, but it is always blurry when I do it. Any tips on that?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/how-to-take-good-photos-of-your-diamonds.102989/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/how-to-take-good-photos-of-your-diamonds.102989/[/URL]

My suggestion is to go someplace with diffused lighting. Outside if it's midday if it's cloudy or under a tree if it's sunny. You can use your smart phone if you have one. If it's an android switch the focus to macro. If it's an iPhone just hold the phone about 6-8 inches away. If your phone is black hold something white between the phone and the stone. I like a paper plate.

Tap the screen to have it focus then take the picture. After you take it crop to get the ring in the main part of the frame. Cropping will help the photo "zoom"

heididdl

Ideal_Rock

anotherrandomguy|1392673496|3617216 said:
I just recently bought a loose diamond and setting from Jared. I would just like to ask someone who knows more than me (which is basically nothing) what their opinion is. Now, before I list everything, it does look amazing. It is an engagement ring, which is a solitaire 14 Karat white gold. Now, onto the diamond part.

.53 Carat
Color - F
VS2

There isn't florescence, and it is a Leo cut. (I read people either like them or hate them, but this one looks to be well cut as she sparkles a lot. More than any of the other ones I had looked at).

The diamond itself was $2000, but I used a $100 off email I had gotten.

The setting was $389, again with $100 off.

Please let me know if I did at least decent with it. I know it looks better than anything else I had looked at in the stores I had been.

Thank you very much.

$1875 is what a 3X GIA certified F Vs2 .53 stone sells for .. Is the Leo stone GIA certified........I am not a fan of buying from chain stores such as Jared so curious about the statistics the depth, table crown angle etc.

RockyRacoon

Brilliant_Rock

This stone is (likely) better cut than the stone you have, and larger, with all the same specs, for less money than the stone you have (after Pricescope discount) -

.564ct, F, SI1 (verified eye-clean)
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/0.564-f-si1-round-diamond-ags-bl-104067041039

Personally, I would suggest this stone:

.600ct, H, SI1 (verified eye-clean)
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/0.600-h-si1-round-diamond-ags-bl-104068959004

Pair either one with this setting and you're out the door at less than the ring you bought. Also, no sales tax.

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/engagement-rings/solitaire/six-prong-solitaire-14k-white-gold-5351w14

This ring will be a classic stunner.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I guess the answer is you paid too much for a lesser ring, but if you love it and you can afford it, don't look back.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Did the stone come with a report?
If so, what authority issued the report? And can you post it here? (Attach it as an image/pdf/etc.)

anotherrandomguy

Rough_Rock

Yes it came with a folder with a certificate (thought the name escapes me right now). I will try to get it up as soon as I can, but right now it is stashed away so she can't find it.

As for the ones the other person out up, the ones you linked to don't seem too far from the price I paid, $1900, and seem pretty much equal. The one good thing about buying it there is it is covered if the diamond falls out. They just pop another one equal to or better in there. It is also marked with a serial number that you can see under the microscope.

I just wanted to go the quality route, and I'm hoping I did okay with what I could do.
Again, I will try to get the picture and certificate up soon

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

LEO diamonds are not GIA certified. So the comparisons listed here are not valid.

" Leo Diamonds sold through Jared Jeweler’s are certified either through IGI or GSI. International Gemological Institute has long been known to be very loose with their diamond grading "

You overpaid. By a lot. That diamond is NOT n F VS2.

This isn't even from PS, but you should read it: http://www.onlinediamondbuyingadvice.com/diamond-website-reviews/jared-jewelers/

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The issue with these types of threads is that if you cant return the ring then really theres nothing else to say. No reason to talk down your ring if you cant do anything about it.

However, if you could return it, i would suggest it.

You paid a premium for a F VS2, but the thing is, its graded by a soft lab, meaning that had GIA graded it, it probably would be a lower color and clarity grade.

Also, the warranty you speak of isnt as much protection as i think youre expecting. From my understanding, it doesnt insure your stone, meaning if it falls out due human error, they will not replace it.

Whether you return it and go somewhere else for a ring, or you keep the ring, i would still suggest you get it insured.

Id still like to see the ring, im wondering what the setting looks like. Is it a solitaire or a bit more designed?

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Niel|1392735264|3617738 said:
The issue with these types of threads is that if you cant return the ring then really theres nothing else to say. No reason to talk down your ring if you cant do anything about it.

However, if you could return it, i would suggest it.

You paid a premium for a F VS2, but the thing is, its graded by a soft lab, meaning that had GIA graded it, it probably would be a lower color and clarity grade.

+1

I always hate to see when someone overpays for an inferior stone, but I don't understand asking about it if it cannot be traded or returned. :| :confused: Best case scenario would be a "thumbs up" from PS, but {unfortunately} that's typically not the case. Then the buyer just feels bad -- or at least worse than he did prior to posting here.

I hope the OP has an option to return. ::)

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock

Another tip, since there are a bunch of us (speaking for myself, not the rest of the folks on the thread) who are not experts and are learning as we go, you should always have your purchase looked at and confirmed by an independent appraiser as part of the agreement for final purchase.

SteveThompson1

Rough_Rock

Hi Guys,

Just thought i'd give my two cents on this. The little that I heard about IGI, was not good.
So obviously didn’t make sense to get their certification. I did however pick a 2 carat rock here in NY, around 3 years ago, which was GSI Certified. Didn’t know about them either, so looked them up & was impressed. Took it to a another jeweler to recheck the grading & turned out that the GSI guys were right in the first place. So i guess that worked out.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results