shape
carat
color
clarity

Held me choose: WF or GOG

ehandschuh

Rough_Rock
Narrowed the search down to the final two, one is GOG Superior H&A, the other is WF ACA. I can't decide between the two! Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated - thanks!

GOG: 1.21ct G SI1 (eye clean) Superior H&A
http://www.goodoldgold.com/ecommerce/1-21ct-g-si1-superior-round-hearts-and-arrows-diamond.html

Measurement: 6.87x6.89x4.21
Table %: 55.5
Depth %: 61.2
Crown Angle: 34.2
Pavilion Angle: 40.7

WF: 1.223ct G SI1 (eye clean) ACA
http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3400962.htm

Measurement: 6.83x6.86x4.24
Table %: 56.0
Depth %: 61.9
Crown Angle: 34.9
Pavilion Angle: 40.8

- all ASET/IS/AGS certs are on the links

Thank you!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In this case, it might come down to price. I don't see anything in the cut of either stone to quibble about.

This is a great dilemma to have!!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just between these 2 diamonds, I'm very slightly inclined to the WF ACA as the crown angle/percent is a bit higher... however, in reality the 2 diamonds are really so close in specs, I'd either let my ring setting preference guide my diamond choice in this case (whichever vendor has the setting or has created the setting you want) *or* if there is a likelihood of a future upgrade and any potential you'd want to change out from a modern round brilliant, then I'd go with the GOG stone.

ehandschuh

Rough_Rock
assuming the price of the diamonds is the same. Is there a difference between WF ACA and GOG in terms of performance, brilliance, scintillation and fire?

ehandschuh

Rough_Rock
Neither WF or GOG has the setting I am looking for. Buying the setting from a local jeweler whose a friend of mine. tried getting the diamond from his as well, but he can't source this level of quality.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ehandschuh|1429975260|3867654 said:
assuming the price of the diamonds is the same. Is there a difference between WF ACA and GOG in terms of performance, brilliance, scintillation and fire?

No, both WF ACA and GOG Signature H&A are top of the line stones. Both are very fine companies with outstanding diamonds and I have bought from both of them!

What is the setting you are interested in?

Icy Melona

Shiny_Rock
I can't speak for GOG but WF has fantastic diamonds. Having said that, WF's custom setting was a total failure for me. I ordered the Annette U-Prong eternity and what resulted was a disaster (see link: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-annette-u-prong-20-pt-3-6tcw-from-wf-looks-bad.176918/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-annette-u-prong-20-pt-3-6tcw-from-wf-looks-bad.176918/[/URL]). If you live in USA or near WF's office then I guess it may be easier to pop in and check the quality control better. I love my WF diamonds but I don't get to wear it because the setting was very badly done, the prongs dig in uncomfortably. WF did offer to reset the ring but for an additional cost of $1000. I didn't pursue it because in the end, it felt like I was paying for another ring. I may have to get in touch with them again because my ring is just sitting in a box without seeing a single day light! :D I know alot of people here rave about WF but I for one was disappointed by their overall delivery. Hope this helps.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Icy Melona|1430148252|3868424 said:
I can't speak for GOG but WF has fantastic diamonds. Having said that, WF's custom setting was a total failure for me. I ordered the Annette U-Prong eternity and what resulted was a disaster (see link: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-annette-u-prong-20-pt-3-6tcw-from-wf-looks-bad.176918/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-annette-u-prong-20-pt-3-6tcw-from-wf-looks-bad.176918/[/URL]). If you live in USA or near WF's office then I guess it may be easier to pop in and check the quality control better. I love my WF diamonds but I don't get to wear it because the setting was very badly done, the prongs dig in uncomfortably. WF did offer to reset the ring but for an additional cost of $1000. I didn't pursue it because in the end, it felt like I was paying for another ring. I may have to get in touch with them again because my ring is just sitting in a box without seeing a single day light! :D I know alot of people here rave about WF but I for one was disappointed by their overall delivery. Hope this helps.

Oh, I am so sad to hear you didn't like how that ring turned out. The original version was not good, but I thought they did a great job fixing it! This poster is not considering custom settings anyway, so I don't think he will encounter a problem just buying a diamond or a stock setting.

ehandschuh

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1430102041|3868265 said:
ehandschuh|1429975260|3867654 said:

No, both WF ACA and GOG Signature H&A are top of the line stones. Both are very fine companies with outstanding diamonds and I have bought from both of them!

What is the setting you are interested in?

DS - thank you for the insight. The setting is a criss-cross split shank w/one piece of the criss-cross being pave, the other white gold. Before I saw my local jeweler had it, I was going to have it custom made. Purchased the setting on Friday and having it made (which should take 1 month).

As for the diamond - leaning toward WF, only possible concern are green arrows in the ASET in the table. I have a call scheduled with them for later today to discuss the diamond/re-confirm eye cleanliness etc.

ehandschuh

Rough_Rock
Went with the WF ACA - I am told it is eye clean from all angles at 6 inches away. Can't beat it for the price and performance. Thank you all for your help!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results